Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Lake Limits? What are yours at the lake you fish?

I fish lake Hudson, Grand Lake, Fort Gibson and Eufaula. All lakes are within 20 minutes of where I live here in NE OK aside from Eufaula and it takes me about an hour to get there. Hudson, Grand, and Fort Gibson all have a 10 inch limit in size and no more than 15 crappie. Eufuala is 37 fish and no size limit. I have been told Eufuala is the "Crappie Lake" of the state and top 10 in the country for crappie and also told that its over stocked full of them. What lake do you fish and where and what are the limits?

Louisiana makes it pretty simple, no size limit and 50 per person per day everywhere except Poverty Point which is 25 per. No one I know keeps anything under 10" anyway and the way they reproduce they say it's impossible to hurt the lakes with a rod and reel.

Mark Welch Bossier Parish,LA. "Sportsman's Paradise"
    Check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/Altered-IRO...4017377675928/
    '90 PROCroft 180, Mercury 150 xr4
    '03 WaterMoccasin pirogue 54lb. MotorGuide

3. Member
    Little community lake I fish has a 30 creel/no size limit. It changes lake by lake in some cases. Corp lakes can too. Were I fish in the summer is 10 over 10".

Here on Fork....25. 10" length limit. From December 01 thru February, you must maintain possession of all fish.

Fishing has been phenomenal here this summer and its expected to maintain this with the good spawns the last few years.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Millwood (Ark)
    20 Crappie Over 10”
    6 Bass any size
    Patman (Tex)
    25 Crappie Over 10”
    5 Bass Over 14”
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Perry Lake Ks- 20 over 10 inches
    Clinton Lake Ks- 20 over 10 inches
    Melvern Lake Ks- 20 over 10 inches
    Pomona Lake Ks- 50 no size limit

Perry and Clinton are 20 minutes away
    Melvern is 40 minutes away
    Pomona is 30 minutes away.

State limits for the places I fish. 37 and no size. I keep 12 max unless I'm doing a fish fry. (that's been a zillion years) No shorter than 10" unless it's going to die.

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    State limits for the places I fish. 37 and no size. I keep 12 max unless I'm doing a fish fry. (that's been a zillion years) No shorter than 10" unless it's going to die.
    Just Curious, do you fish Eufaula or Oolagah? When I fish Eufuala I will often catch a limit of 37. I do give a lot of fish away to people though.

Kentucky and Barkley Lakes: 10" minimum size limit - 20 fish daily limit

10. Member
    Brookville Lake 25 crappie no size limit. I don't keep anything under 10 inches. Bluegills no limit. Red ears has a limit but not sure how many. Don't think we have many if any.

11. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    Brookville Lake 25 crappie no size limit. I don't keep anything under 10 inches. Bluegills no limit. Red ears has a limit but not sure how many. Don't think we have many if any.
    On the lakes around here that dont have a size limit I will keep anything over 9 if we have a fish fry coming up or are short on fish in the freezerl

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Just Curious, do you fish Eufaula or Oolagah? When I fish Eufuala I will often catch a limit of 37. I do give a lot of fish away to people though.
    I'm in Edmond and just stay around here. I've had many great days but there's only the wife and I. I hate cleaning so unless I have a good reason I only keep a few. I used to give some to neighbors but the new folks that moved in are not fish lovers.

13. Member
    I fish Ohio and Pennsylvania. Ohio is 30 over 9 inch and Pennsylvania is 50 with no size limit.

14. Member
    I fish Lake of the Pines and same rules as Gman posted for Fork.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

15. Member
    Mainly fish Lake Anna in Va and limit there is 25/person per day with no size limit. I usually don't keep anything under the 10" mark tho.