Looked at a 97 400T today....fiberglass guys...step inside...

I looked at a 97 Javelin 400 T and there were a couple chips in the fiberglass on the bottom of the keel deep enough to see bare fibers a keel guard could have solved this. They are concerning... but I figured $300-$500 could fix that. BUT....THE MAIN ISSUE...the floor between the consoles the carpet was pulled back about 10" and the floor was all cracked and broken looking but it was solid...I took pics on my phone but am wondering what you guys might say? it was solid and it is where you... WILL...step each and every time you go up front or down. I can text pics.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Member
    My stratos floor was the same way between the consoles when i put
    carpet in it but there was no flex.The keel stuff is no big deal.You can
    get a gel coat patch kit and fix them or marine tex epoxy them.then
    put on a keel gaurd.

Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    ...the floor between the consoles the carpet was pulled back about 10" and the floor was all cracked and broken looking but it was solid....
    It's a material they use to smooth out joints and seams. Has nothing to do with structural integrity. Have seen it before to include on my '89 285 and '95 201 when doing re-carpet. Think I've heard it called "faring" material. Wouldn't sweat it. Charge on.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    It's a material they use to smooth out joints and seams. Has nothing to do with structural integrity. Have seen it before to include on my '89 285 and '95 201 when doing re-carpet. Think I've heard it called "faring" material. Wouldn't sweat it. Charge on.
    thanks
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

5. Member
    Gel coat repair kit for the keel. I believe a 97 is all composite so no biggie. If the floor is wood it has resin over it that stress cracks over time where it is thicker and used as fairing. Get some epoxy resin and put a coat down before the carpet to make sure things are sealed up. If the cracks are deep enough moisture could make its way to the wood.
    95 201XL DC 200 Johnson Venom