520vx seat replacement w/coin box question (for those who’ve done it)

I’ve got an 05 520vx and I replaced the seats with the Ranger replacement with coin box. But the seats are slightly different in length at the front edge. I have the L brackets which slide under the front edge seat lip, but the old bracket are a little short and the seat will lift up. Anyone else who’s done this find the same? Want to know if Ranger has a longer bracket or I have to go the fabrication route? Probably not a big deal but I can feel the front of the seat lift when I sit my fat arse down....thanks

2. Member
    When I did this, I put two long screws in each one that were in the same place as the ones on the bench seat. I did not have a bracket on the front of mine at all. I did have to get two longer screws for one side of the seats, but I don't rember if it was the inside or outside screw.. Nothing seems to move, but I was questioning it when it was going together as I thought it would need some kind of reinforcement or bracket.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

When I switched my seats I had the same problem. I got some 1/4 " x 2" x 6" strap iron and put a piece on the platform under the seat out to the seat pocket.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    I'd like to see some pictures of this project
    06 Ranger Z21
    23 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by MoBob View Post
    When I did this, I put two long screws in each one that were in the same place as the ones on the bench seat. I did not have a bracket on the front of mine at all. I did have to get two longer screws for one side of the seats, but I don't rember if it was the inside or outside screw.. Nothing seems to move, but I was questioning it when it was going together as I thought it would need some kind of reinforcement or bracket.
    Same with me. Just screwed them in like the original bench. Just don't draw the sears to the fiberglass,just tight enough to snug and flex the seat lip. Did this on an 01 vx had for 6 years with no issues at all.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD