Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Good morning; a quick update.

I changed the top of the VST hoping that the problem was with the electric connectors to the HP pump. I took it out for a test ride and it seems to have resolved the problem. I was only able to spend about 20 minute on the water but it ran great and I'm cautiously optimistic. I have a fun weekend planned on the boat, so I'll update after that.

I do want to give a big thanks to everyone who posted tips and PMd me pointers. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge as I don't have a capable Mercury tech where I live.

Thank you very much and happy boating!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoxg8r View Post
    Good morning; a quick update.

I changed the top of the VST hoping that the problem was with the electric connectors to the HP pump. I took it out for a test ride and it seems to have resolved the problem. I was only able to spend about 20 minute on the water but it ran great and I'm cautiously optimistic. I have a fun weekend planned on the boat, so I'll update after that.

I do want to give a big thanks to everyone who posted tips and PMd me pointers. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge as I don't have a capable Mercury tech where I live.

Thank you very much and happy boating!
    Nice!

That plug has been a problem for me too- it tends to get unhinged when removing/installing the cowling. I always shove it as far behind the VST as I can then put 2 zip ties on it.

3. Banned

4. Member
    Well gentlemen,
    We took the boat over to the British Virgin Islands this weekend and she ran lie a champ!

Thanks again for being so helpful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12