Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have an xb2003 with 225 Super Mag. It tops out at 98 loaded to fish with one person and 15 gallons of gas, run a two- battery system. Stock ported block turns a 28 ET on 1.87s 7600 rpms.

2. RIP -April 30,2023
    congrats!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Congratulations Jay McDaniel for piloting your 2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2 with his 2016 Mercury Racing Sport 250 XS to a blistering 18.48 second 5-85 and 5-90 of 20.96 seconds. I have got the opportunity to see and drive this boat and it pulls. That is a fully loaded boat as well, and it is ready to tournament fish (if he knew how to use his livewell). Nice running Jay!

Congrats Congrats How many were at the shoot out. What brands of boats? cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Congrats Congrats How many were at the shoot out. What brands of boats? cool stuff
    I believe this was not a get together type shoot out but rather a deal River Rocket started for XB 21's with a down loadable app that tracks the runs.
    I'm sure one of those involved will stop by soon.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I believe this was not a get together type shoot out but rather a deal River Rocket started for XB 21's with a down loadable app that tracks the runs.
    I'm sure one of those involved will stop by soon.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Congrats Jay, great numbers !!!!

river rocket, can you post other numbers and their setup?

7. Member
    River rocket, pls check IM.
    thanks

8. Member
    Jay has taught me much the last 6 months

Here is more information on the app and the shootout. I changed from 90 to 85 to allow more boats to give it a try.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=827493 Post 108 has more info on the app we are now using (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/race...647754354?mt=8). Next year I will switch to that app only. The data rate is much higher than anything else I have found and it makes it extremely easy to determine the times. You can also review on the water and get close.

I have not found an Android app yet, I'm an Iphone guy. I'm willing to work with anyone that wants to try some of the apps that were posted in the other thread. Data sampling is the main issue. We have the same issue with most Apple apps as well. 1 reading per second isn't accurate enough and some apps randomly sample data based on speed or potentially distance intervals.

Next year I will be doing something similar but will get Bullet and Stroker in as well. Allison's are easy rules wise as we only have one hull in 4 different configurations. I'm working with Bullet and Stroker guys to figure out the rules. Since we have so many non-stock motors in the other brands I will probably go with stock and modified for each brand and a grand champ "top dog" overall as well.

Hopefully adding the other makes will pull more people in. We had official and non-official entries this year while I worked everything out.

For those that PM'd, I'm not including my boat since the data and graphs are created manually by me. It doesn't seem right.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

That's a great run for sure. I wonder what adding water to the well and a second person would have done to those numbers?
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 12-07-2017 at 07:41 AM.

For the record River Rocket beat my times though we were pretty close. We did get to do a live side by side tests a couple weeks ago to confirm what the data logger was showing. Its all good till he throws that darn 28 P3 on then I become the chaser! LOL
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21;8908915[COLOR=#0000ff
    ]For the record River Rocket beat my times [/COLOR]though we were pretty close. We did get to do a live side by side tests a couple weeks ago to confirm what the data logger was showing. Its all good till he throws that darn 28 P3 on then I become the chaser! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12