favorite swimbaits

What's everyone's favorite hollow body swim baits and jig heads? I haven't used them much, but I'm looking to start stocking up on 5" and 7" versions over the winter.

2. Member
    Hard to beat a Basstrix. As for swimbait jig heads, I like the VMC Ike Approved swimbait jig head.

Gambler EZ and Big EZ are the only ones I fish.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Gambler EZ and Big EZ are the only ones I fish.
    same here

5. Member
    Same here.. Won 99% of my money the last two years throwing a Gambler Big EZ and punching a combination of the Gambler Why Not and Burner Craw..

6. Moderator
    Been using Keitech but have some Gambler Big EZ i want to try now that i hear people have had some success with them.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Been using Keitech but have some Gambler Big EZ i want to try now that i hear people have had some success with them.
    Here's a tip.. If you're going to rig the big EZ's on a jig head or weighted hook for fishing open water try dipping them (I do it one at a time) in a pot of boiling water for about 10-15 seconds each.. makes them a little softer and improves the action..

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    Here's a tip.. If you're going to rig the big EZ's on a jig head or weighted hook for fishing open water try dipping them (I do it one at a time) in a pot of boiling water for about 10-15 seconds each.. makes them a little softer and improves the action..
    Mikeyballz made a video on this....might have to try this since its all new info to me.

Keitech swims at any speed....big EZ too somewhat but the keitech kicks harder even at slow speeds. Ill second everyone on the Gambler stuff....but keitech swing impact fat is prolly first choice if it was between the 2 cuz of the action. Keitechs are a few bucks more expensive too...

9. Member
    For hollow bodies I've done well on a simple Strike King Shadalicious. I like the 1/4 oz Davis 5/0 swimbait hook

10. Member
    Zoom Swimmers and Basstrix for hollows, Big EZ for a solid body single and Keitech for trailers and rigs.

Keitech has a sale right now. Use code FAT20 at checkout.
    They just came out with bigger sizes in the swing impact and swimg impact fat.
    Keitechusa.com
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw