Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Requests from potential future customer(s)

Figured I'd start a thread for people to request things they are looking for in a boat.. because the first thing I thought of was:

--Please do not make a tubular construction trailer, or outsource a tubular construction trailer. I wont mention names of other companies but one in particular is doing trailers right.

--Many requests for a budget fiberglass boat in the $35,000 range. It doesnt need all the bells and whistles

--

Anyone else have reasonable and constructive ideas of what they are looking for in a boat?

EDIT: I will be adding to the list to keep it all consolidated.
    Last edited by TheAnglerExperience; 12-03-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Is there anyway to make a nice quality boat glass in the high 30's ??

3. Banned
    Already put in my request for a solid "working mans" $35,000 rig. I can add the bells and whistles as i see fit.

4. Member
    I’d like to see a model for big water bass fisherman and musky guys. Something like the 522d just not so extreme. Cause that sucker won’t fit in many garages that’s a pull barn boat. No plastic
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    19' pad hull aluminum crappie boat with recirculating livewells fore and aft.
    "Now that's some high quality H2O"

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Already put in my request for a solid "working mans" $35,000 rig. I can add the bells and whistles as i see fit.
    Very well said! There are way too many $70-75K "fluff" rigs out on the market. If the industry truly wants to return to the heyday of the 80's & 90's levels of boat sales, then they have to get back to where the average working man can afford to play.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

What he says
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

Exactly, Like the New Javelin R20 I ordered in 2000 with a 200HP Ficht and a Galv trailer for 24K. It didn't have all the bling thats not really needed to go fishing. The expensive stuff can be added later.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

9. Member
    Would love to see an aluminum deep v bass boat, not just another modified like everything else out
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 12-03-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Ditto!!
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

150 hp rated 17 1/2 footer with 30 gallon fuel cell

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

12. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Exactly, Like the New Javelin R20 I ordered in 2000 with a 200HP Ficht and a Galv trailer for 24K. It didn't have all the bling thats not really needed to go fishing. The expensive stuff can be added later.
    Can you not buy about any brand in the 18 foot range with a 150 or 175 for mid to high 30s? I know you can buy a ranger, nitro, basscat, skeeter, triton in that range. Im assuming people are talking about a 22 footer with a 250 when they ask for this?
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

Another vote here! Want to sell boats, make them affordable to a majority of fishermen...middle class America. Thats where your "grass roots" come from.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

I think all you guys looking for a bargain priced boat here are barking up the wrong tree. Everything from the brand new state of the art factory to the players involved points to a premium boat that will undoubtedly command a premium price.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

15. Member
    I have to agree with K-ach. If a budget boat is what your hoping for, You may be looking in the wrong place because these more likely will be a premium quality custom boat that will be out of some peoples budget??
    "Latest State of the art Technology" does'nt usually come cheap and I bet this will be the case with Vexus Boats.. Just my prediction!

16. Member
    Can't say I disagree there, custom never comes cheap. But we will see what they planned, pure speculation at this stage.

17. Member
    I would like to see an 18.5 version of a Ranger 522 hull with a slightly smaller cockpit area and more deck space and storage, slightly smaller streamlined console, side by side seating in the front and rear, removable of course when not needed. An integrated set back for a small 6 or 8 hp kicker motor, performance hull for a 150 4 stroke attaining speeds of 50 to 55. Aluminum and glass model, well built trailer, with a price tag fully loaded out the door for less than 40000.00

i'm not against paying for a quality simple boat. i don't see the need for fancy and or a bunch of extras i will not use. auto bilge and a manual bilge, live well fill, recirc/pump out with timer, nav lights flush in bow, horn, good ledtrailer lights with back up lights that work, fiberglass fenders and step front, clean up the wiring quit giving extra dash gauges only need fuel/oil, trim/wp, have real dedicated wiring (over sized) for graphs. the rest is options, and with them make them good, like lighted rub rail, premium lighting on deck/compartments, oxegenator, stereo, center seat, anchors, quit with standard sonars, dust cover, trailer-able cover, options for charger, like seriously no standards... maybe even have a few gas tank arrangements ( i would be in for 20' -21' boat 250hp but i only need 30 gallons i don't need 60.

but it comes down to layout to what works. also id rather not have any tournament rewards but save up front thousands...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

19. Member
    LOL @ all you guys wanting cheap boats!! Go buy a nitro or bayliner...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    LOL @ all you guys wanting cheap boats!! Go buy a nitro or bayliner...
    All you guys that want high dollar boats already have choices too.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast