Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Member
    Originally Posted by O'Conner_482
    Run a spare empty conduit from the bilge to to bow up either side for additional rigging of electronics etc. Have access to it at the console, bilge, and bow.

THIS!!!

This X 1,000,000

2. Member
    Here's what I really want in a boat

Drive like a Champion
    Fish like a Ranger
    Built like a Legend
    Run like a BassCat
    Look like a Phoenix
    Priced like a Nitro

Seriously, How about

Level and stable boat when at rest. Low bow rise at take off. Low gunnels. No water over rear or side when stopping suddenly, turning sharply, or running in rough water.

20ft 10" length, 8ft beam, with 6ft at bow when measured across front pedestal post

All fiberglass, stainless steel construction - NO PLASTIC
    NO RIVETS, NO plastic screws, NO plastic screw caps

Ample room and reinforcement on bow for trolling motor and 12" electronics.

All fiberglass gelcoated compartments built into hull and top cap NO drop in's or plastics

All compartments surrounded by raised lip with sloped channel to floor of boat to keep water out of boxes. Drains in ALL compartments in case water gets in

Pre run wiring harness and spare cabling in piped cable paths from back to front with access from every compartment and enough room to run twice as much cable as you would ever need.

2 position front pedestal post, center floor post, and level rear pedestal post.

Recessed TM foot pedal with a drain and an area large enough to reach side switch and tension adjustments without having to remove foot pedal.

Padded carpet in front, deck, and steps. Lockable Slam latches. Wireless kill switch

8 1/2ft rod lockers on BOTH sides with removable rod holders and cushioned sleeves so your rods don't bounce around on hard plastic sleeves and get broken

Courtesy compartment at front bow for snacks and baits using that day

Deep center storage with stackable and divided compartments that can be adjusted or removed entirely

Center bow step compartment functions as cooler with pump to rear livewells to function as chiller

10 gallon insulated storage box in floor.

Center seat that folds down and works as "SOLID STABLE" step to rear deck

Seperate livewells with seperate pumps and drains not just divided wells

Split lids on rear deck for livewells and for bilge/battery area. Nothing blocking access to bilge pumps, drains, and plumbing

Passenger rod box storage. Net storage in floor of boat. Ruler storage within reach when kneeling at center of boat

Remote drain plug. Remote open, close, recirculate, and pumpout for livewells

Livewell overflow positioned high enough not to drain out water when taking off or running in rough water

4 reinforced battery boxes that are padded and molded into hull not just anchored with screws

LED lights in every compartment. LED running and anchor lights built into hull. LED black lights built into sides for night fishing. LED Spot light built into bow

No more springfield seat posts which have to be replaced every 2 years

Big Wide comfortable seats with quality material and stitching and set of affordable banded/snap on seat covers which can be removed and replaced yourself

All steel road armored dual axle trailer with disc brakes on each wheel. Reinforced steps on wheel wells, steps and bow stair at tongue. No fiberglass fenders or steps to fade, crack, or be damaged front flat

SeaStar steering, Bobs Hydraulic jack plate, manufactures Engine gauages, full Wiring diagram laminated into underside of lid

3. Member
    And...how about 70+ mph at full throttle with tourney load and streamlined enough to run 45mph at 10gallons/hr

4. Member
    If you build it, I will buy it

5. Member
    ^^^ I have to tell you, that's a hell of a bass boat you've described.

I like it!

I just want the Eject seat, like on Nirto Commerical, gets Bitchy press the Big Red Button

Basically take the Ranger RT198p make it 1' 2" shorter, double the length of the rear storage compartments, and put a 115 hp on it. I'll take a blue one.

90" wide boat INCLUDING the trailer so it can fit in my garage.

Right now there are just two choices from one manufacturer, I would like to see more.

9. Member
    Sounds like a Gambler...too bad no longer available

Quote Originally Posted by mrc View Post
    Here's what I really want in a boat

Drive like a Champion
    Fish like a Ranger
    Built like a Legend
    Run like a BassCat
    Look like a Phoenix
    Priced like a Nitro

Seriously, How about

Level and stable boat when at rest. Low bow rise at take off. Low gunnels. No water over rear or side when stopping suddenly, turning sharply, or running in rough water.

20ft 10" length, 8ft beam, with 6ft at bow when measured across front pedestal post

All fiberglass, stainless steel construction - NO PLASTIC
    NO RIVETS, NO plastic screws, NO plastic screw caps

Ample room and reinforcement on bow for trolling motor and 12" electronics.

All fiberglass gelcoated compartments built into hull and top cap NO drop in's or plastics

All compartments surrounded by raised lip with sloped channel to floor of boat to keep water out of boxes. Drains in ALL compartments in case water gets in

Pre run wiring harness and spare cabling in piped cable paths from back to front with access from every compartment and enough room to run twice as much cable as you would ever need.

2 position front pedestal post, center floor post, and level rear pedestal post.

Recessed TM foot pedal with a drain and an area large enough to reach side switch and tension adjustments without having to remove foot pedal.

Padded carpet in front, deck, and steps. Lockable Slam latches. Wireless kill switch

8 1/2ft rod lockers on BOTH sides with removable rod holders and cushioned sleeves so your rods don't bounce around on hard plastic sleeves and get broken

Courtesy compartment at front bow for snacks and baits using that day

Deep center storage with stackable and divided compartments that can be adjusted or removed entirely

Center bow step compartment functions as cooler with pump to rear livewells to function as chiller

10 gallon insulated storage box in floor.

Center seat that folds down and works as "SOLID STABLE" step to rear deck

Seperate livewells with seperate pumps and drains not just divided wells

Split lids on rear deck for livewells and for bilge/battery area. Nothing blocking access to bilge pumps, drains, and plumbing

Passenger rod box storage. Net storage in floor of boat. Ruler storage within reach when kneeling at center of boat

Remote drain plug. Remote open, close, recirculate, and pumpout for livewells

Livewell overflow positioned high enough not to drain out water when taking off or running in rough water

4 reinforced battery boxes that are padded and molded into hull not just anchored with screws

LED lights in every compartment. LED running and anchor lights built into hull. LED black lights built into sides for night fishing. LED Spot light built into bow

No more springfield seat posts which have to be replaced every 2 years

Big Wide comfortable seats with quality material and stitching and set of affordable banded/snap on seat covers which can be removed and replaced yourself

All steel road armored dual axle trailer with disc brakes on each wheel. Reinforced steps on wheel wells, steps and bow stair at tongue. No fiberglass fenders or steps to fade, crack, or be damaged front flat

SeaStar steering, Bobs Hydraulic jack plate, manufactures Engine gauages, full Wiring diagram laminated into underside of lid

10. Member
    Am actively looking for boat described above. Going to check out the new charger 210 elite this weekend. Hoping it is close.

11. Member
    Looked at the Charger 210 Elite today with a 250 ProXS. Boat runs like a dream. Is stable enough, but not as stable as a Ranger Z520. Some will like it but it is not the one for me. Needs to meet more items in the list above. I do wish Charger boats the best with it. Am going to keep looking for my next boat.

12. Member
    Good luck finding a better boat than the 210 !!!!!

13. Member
    Still looking for THE boat. Have checked out Phoenix, Ranger, Charger, Legend, and Triton so far. Who will make my boat.

14. Member
    Build the old Ranger 618 but put the fuel tank in the floor, run a center rod locker for 7 footers and a side rod locker for the 10 footers. Leave room behind the seats for a Just-En-Case box for musky baits, recessed trolling motor pedal so you can run an Ultrex on it, and put the winch stand on the trailer so it doesn't protrude past the bow of the boat so you can put a folding tongue on the trailer that truly decreases the storage length. Put the shallow water launch roller system on it. Rated for a 175 and put the new Merc 4 Stroke 175 on it. Keep it at 18'4" long and about 90" wide, hull molded to go around the wheel wells on the trailer so you could make the trailer 94" wide so it'll fit in smaller garage doors. Have the gunnels be 6-8" high but not very wide so as to maximize the deck space. Single console only, none of this dual console and full windshield stuff. Catches too much wind. Oh and no plastic trim, mold the console out of glass like BCB does.

I would order one upon announcement.

15. Member

One of the finest boats ever made, Stratos had the 219W version of that exact layout, i ran one for several years. That boat design in tin might very well be a huge seller! I am currently happy with my 461 but the design you speak about could very well push me into a new Vexus. Use your specs and bring the deck back to the console to add storage perfect layout for me. Take the livewell out behind the drivers seat and keep the one on the passenger side.

Last edited by D.O.C. 989; 03-01-2018 at 09:27 AM.

How about integrated, but removable/replaceable (lithium?) battery packs?

This car-battery type means of powering our trolling motors is ridiculous. Takes up too much space, and awkward to install, remove and maintain; there's got to be a better way.

17. Member
    I looked at a bunch of new boats. Nothing meets all my criteria. I bought a Legend V20 as it was as close to what I wanted as I could find. The ranger 520 was close 2nd. The charger 210 elite was the one I was most excited about but then disappointed with. I am still looking for MY boat. Maybe someone will build it down the road.

18. Member
    Just came to +1 the additional rigging tube idea, and removable tubes/org system in the rod lockers.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

A 18 or 19Ft glass boat with a 200 or 225 with a jack plate that will fit in a garage space of 21ft 7" Something on the order of a Ranger 518C (too long on the trailer) or Bass Cat Pantera II will fit, just want more options when it's time to buy. ALso why is the AVX1880 only rated to 115" should be able to handle at least a 150 with that size. The 1980's should be rated to min 175 but should be able to handle a 200. Of course the website doesn't show weight of any of them yet.

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

20. Banned
    A 20'6" TIN with a 250hp rating on a single axel trailer small enough to fit into a tight two car garage.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678