Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    75 dollars for a the year isn't that bad at all...25 dollars for the day is crazy

For that kind of money I would appreciate a parking lot with lines so the a holes that cant park have something to go by! It gets ridiculous at times

3. Banned
    For what its worth and I have not one bit of value. you have to remember the old boat ramps at Hyco and the New ramps at Hyco now. Also not that its the most modern and biggest comfort station I've used around any campground or boat ramp in the Southeast but you have to say the small comfort station at the boat ramp at Hyco is heated and does have a working shower, and I have never seen it unclean. I have seen attendants doing their job cleaning it. Sure is a positive to have on one of those sub freezing days on the lake to have a place to run to to warm up those really cold fingers. I think the announced fee increase of launch fees by the Person County Lake Authority is to make the lake pay for it's maintenance and management. Now in these days of "Hidden AGENDAS" and stirring the pot maybe the increase of the daily boat launch fee from $15 to $25 is to limit boat traffic that little more. It reminds me of Lake Lure in Rutherford County on Buffalo Creek there.

$25 bucks a day is damn sure going to limit my traffic.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

5. Banned
    Honestly Basswipe I have had year passes for Hyco Lake since the old boat ramps. I'm thinking not to purchase one for 2018.

6. Member
    The 25.00 per day charge is so u will buy a season pass!!!!

I had a annual pass for many years. My last was 2011 I think. If I lived closer I'd buy the annual pass every year because I like fishing there. But for me to drive 2.5 hours dragging my boat and pay 25 bucks when I get there? I don't know about that.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vl-475 View Post
    The 25.00 per day charge is so u will buy a season pass!!!!
    Exactly My friend. The $25 daily launch fee is I believe to influence the purchase of the year pass. Also to get folks all worked up about the increase especially those I've not heard talking about traveling and fishing Hyco Lake.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelman99 View Post
    For what its worth and I have not one bit of value. you have to remember the old boat ramps at Hyco and the New ramps at Hyco now. Also not that its the most modern and biggest comfort station I've used around any campground or boat ramp in the Southeast but you have to say the small comfort station at the boat ramp at Hyco is heated and does have a working shower, and I have never seen it unclean. I have seen attendants doing their job cleaning it. Sure is a positive to have on one of those sub freezing days on the lake to have a place to run to to warm up those really cold fingers. I think the announced fee increase of launch fees by the Person County Lake Authority is to make the lake pay for it's maintenance and management. Now in these days of "Hidden AGENDAS" and stirring the pot maybe the increase of the daily boat launch fee from $15 to $25 is to limit boat traffic that little more. It reminds me of Lake Lure in Rutherford County on Buffalo Creek there.
    I've said it many times in the past they're goal was to have the lake to themselves, now they'll definitely have one less boat there. I've fished there since the mid 90's mainly in December and January but now the outflow isn't as warm as it used to be so I'm not sure how the fishing is either. I remember it used to be the only lake with a speed limit but that was a joke. A lot of free lakes closer to home for me
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

10. Banned
    So here is an idea. I don't know who got it up but years ago when the ramps were terrible I heard that over 100 folks that frequently launched their boats for time on Hyco got a 100 signature partition up with intent of requesting improvements to the ramp and presented it to the Person County Lake authority who meets in the conference room in the Lake Warden's office building. Problem is I do not know when and what day the lake authority meets. Well, I guess that worked even though it took a long time. Just saying.

11. Banned
    I believe one of the "Rangers" said that they meet this Monday of the upcoming week. Talked to her twice so far. She is suppose to call me Tuesday to answer a question that i had asked her.

Quote Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
    The ramps fees for Hyco will increase to $25.00 daily and $75.00 yearly for next year!!
    What are the current fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    What are the current fees?
    15 per day, 50 for year.

No, the current fee is $75 a year. I bought 2 yesterday. Started 12/15

15. Banned
    Larry the 2018 Year pass went on sale on the 15th I know but aren't the 2017 year passes still good till the last day of 2017 as on the 2017 boat sticker?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12