Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    My guess is they'll be a ultra high luxury bass boat. Thing of it like the "Mercedes" of bass boats. Ranger is the "Cadillac", these will be even more plush, higher end materials like polished teak and carbon fiber everywhere, heated suspension seats, LED lighting everywhere, chrome. Only the highest of high end components. And they'll go for $100k and up.

Think about it. There is no one in the market right now doing this. These will be marketed to the lake house owners and wealthy that already have everything. Show up to the lake house in their Bentley and jump in their Vexus to impress their fishing buddies while not on the golf course.

That's my speculation. If anyone can pull it off it's the former Ranger owners who are already accustomed to selling high dollar fishing boats.

2. Member
    Really?? So the ICON isn't expensive enough? I don't think they could afford to only offer a high-end boat that is even more expensive than the limited edition or even 52xL boats.. simply because there aren't enough people that would buy them to make the business model hold water. I just don't see it, they still need to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    My guess is they'll be a ultra high luxury bass boat. Thing of it like the "Mercedes" of bass boats. Ranger is the "Cadillac", these will be even more plush, higher end materials like polished teak and carbon fiber everywhere, heated suspension seats, LED lighting everywhere, chrome. Only the highest of high end components. And they'll go for $100k and up.

Think about it. There is no one in the market right now doing this. These will be marketed to the lake house owners and wealthy that already have everything. Show up to the lake house in their Bentley and jump in their Vexus to impress their fishing buddies while not on the golf course.

That's my speculation. If anyone can pull it off it's the former Ranger owners who are already accustomed to selling high dollar fishing boats.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n_texas_basser View Post
    Really?? So the ICON isn't expensive enough? I don't think they could afford to only offer a high-end boat that is even more expensive than the limited edition or even 52xL boats.. simply because there aren't enough people that would buy them to make the business model hold water. I just don't see it, they still need to be competitive.
    Why be competitive when you can be exclusive?

This is a speculation thread. And that's my speculation.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Why be competitive when you can be exclusive?

This is a speculation thread. And that's my speculation.
    I agree. They are going for the upper of the upper end. $$$$

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I agree. They are going for the upper of the upper end. $$$$
    Everything they've stated adds up to it. At least in relation to, say, Ferrari. Hand built, one at a time, limited models, limited production, advanced performance. That sounds extremely high end to me and no where near competitive.

“In the overall market we are seeing good sales of the lower-priced product, where buyers are more cost-sensitive and are able to take advantage of attractive financing terms,” said Bass Cat and Yar-Craft Boats President Rick Pierce. “But we’re also seeing good sales in the top end of the market, in that $50,000 to $100,000-plus price range. We’re seeing more Jaguar sales now than we ever have, and those are big boats with 350 horsepower outboards

Last edited by dean c; 12-13-2017 at 04:13 PM.

7. Member
    Champion hull with a ranger top cap.

8. Banned
    Don't forget that Mr. Wood sold his share of Ranger 30 years ago. And don't assume because his grandson is the principally they have deep pockets. Who knows any details at this point.

But we do know the company is staffed with top notch people, and they won't be a low expense operation building facilities from scratch.

What they need is some sales volumes, and that won't come from the high end of the market. 2008 did away with so many marine dealers and the industry hasn't replaced them. It takes dealers to bring any new product to market.

Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    really???
    Do a little research the original cobra or vyper was a splash of a 4 series ranger I believe .
    I meant out of current production boats. It was also just my opinion. No need to get snotty about it.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I bet we see a performance pad tin like an xpress but with a nice top of the line finish. Bet they would sell well.

11. Banned
    We all know that ain’t gonna happen

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironoutlaw View Post
    I bet we see a performance pad tin like an xpress but with a nice top of the line finish. Bet they would sell well.
    I do think they will have that. That's where they were headed with ranger and I think all of that will continue. I wonder if we will see the first 50k+ tin rig? Seen some xpress go low 40s loaded out. Well, seen them advertised for that anyway
    Last edited by kry29; 12-16-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I do think they will have that. That's where they were headed with ranger and I think all of that will continue. I wonder if we will see the first 50k+ tin rig? Seen some xpress go low 40s loaded out. Well, seen them advertised for that anyway
    Shoot I bet an xpress 21 footer is in the 50s loaded now. I'd love a 20 footer with a 200 sho. They are in the $40s. One common theme I see on the xpress board is quality control and attention to detail. They are awesome boats but I think there is a market for premium performance tins.

14. Member
    Don't know if it's cool to post a link here (sorry if not) but I had a short Q&A with Keith Daffron in a recent BassBlaster fyi: http://bassblaster.rocks/ultimate-ba...its-giant-time

15. Member
    What about a titanium hull that would replace both the glass and aluminum hulls? Salt water has seen a few of these, but none in the fresh water arena. Or a titanium hull with a glass upper deck insert. Just thinking.

16. Banned
    A dual console lund pro v bass 2075 with a 250 and basic options is $50k plus already. A tin in that price take is viable of the product is good enough.

17. Member
    An that Pro V 2075 doesn't sell. Add ons are extremely overpriced, hoping Vexus realizes the market for tin and produces something quality that will rival that model but make it more realistic in pricing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12