Motorguide digital tour 82 issue

So, I posted last week about noise in my trolling motor. I subsequently took it apart and found out it was a chipped magnet. Got it out and put back together. No more noise and works flawlessly in my driveway. I took it out this morning and about after 30 min of use it just stops working. Pull it up and idle around just looking and try it again about 10 min later it's working on the boat. Deploy in the water, it works for 10 min and stops again. At this point, i suspect water seepage maybe. Pull out and head home. Take it apart...don't see any sign of water getting in. Again Also, stupid question but aren't the holes in the plastic covering supposed to be covered. Seems to me water would seep in through them. Just trying to figure this SOB out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Nevermind on the holes question i see there is a rubber ring just after it.

3. Member
    Paint a line with silver magic marking pen on the prop to the housing when it stops. If you can rotate the prop away from that position and it starts, but won't start in that position it points to a bad armature.
    It's easy to tell I'm no MG expert, but if the current limiter opens, or has failed to a lower trip amperage, you should check input voltage with the motor set on Constant high and it it isn't 24 volts or so, look at the boat end for the trouble.

4. Member
    Sounds more like a faulty breaker than a trolling motor problem, but wouldn't know without some voltage readings. If it's in the lower unit, it could be when you reassembled you didn't get the plug back on the brushcard correctly and when it heats up, looses connections.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]