Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    In case you haven't figured it out yet, the battle lines have clearly been drawn between the Wood family, and the JM family.
    So you think those guys (The Vexus team) aren't proud of their legacy at Ranger boats...and that this place should become a Ranger bash. Does that make any sense at all?

Something tells me the Vexus guys have way more class than that...something alot of bbc'ers are completely lacking.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    So you think those guys (The Vexus team) aren't proud of their legacy at Ranger boats...and that this place should become a Ranger bash. Does that make any sense at all?

Something tells me the Vexus guys have way more class than that...something alot of bbc'ers are completely lacking.
    All the guy said was Rangers we're expensive, and you claim he is bashing Ranger. If you get offended by that, you are in for a lot of being offended between these two brands in the years to come. They are now competitors, get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    All the guy said was Rangers we're expensive, and you claim he is bashing Ranger. If you get offended by that, you are in for a lot of being offended between these two brands in the years to come. They are now competitors, get used to it.
    Did you miss the part about "useless fluff"? I'm not offended at all..but when some wise ass posts an idiotic comment. I'll have a response. Get used to it.

4. Member
    This is going to be fun to watch.

I dont see how anybody can top gods gift to the boating world Ranger.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I dont see how anybody can top gods gift to the boating world Ranger.
    That's easy...the Gods that built Ranger are the same Gods that are building Vexus. There you go!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLuRRnAWAY View Post
    You're an idiot.
    I agree with this
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

8. Member
    It will be very interesting to see who is going to be selling the boats as i can bet anyone that johnny and his company has letters going out already stating that if they pick up this line they will pull the other boats out from the dealership. I wonder how many dealerships will want to loose all that revenue for a new start up company? This is going to get interesting to say the least. Old Johnny new this was coming and why he strategically bought the companies he did for this reason. He is no dummy and has the money to back anything up he needs plus he has the stores to sell anything he needs to sell now. If it was just one boat Vs one boat i would say no big deal but the guy owns all the top brands except basscat and allison. This is going to be very interesting to say the least.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lrgmth2 View Post
    It will be very interesting to see who is going to be selling the boats as i can bet anyone that johnny and his company has letters going out already stating that if they pick up this line they will pull the other boats out from the dealership. I wonder how many dealerships will want to loose all that revenue for a new start up company? This is going to get interesting to say the least. Old Johnny new this was coming and why he strategically bought the companies he did for this reason. He is no dummy and has the money to back anything up he needs plus he has the stores to sell anything he needs to sell now. If it was just one boat Vs one boat i would say no big deal but the guy owns all the top brands except basscat and allison. This is going to be very interesting to say the least.
    Won't just be dealers either. I can see the following conversation happening:
    JM- Flo-Rite, if you sell your sytems to Vexus, we will be finding another supplier for all of our live well plumbing needs.

10. Member
    Just to play devil's advocate here, what if JM says sell whatever boats you want we believe our product is better than anything out there and will out sell them anyways?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juhealy View Post
    Won't just be dealers either. I can see the following conversation happening:
    JM- Flo-Rite, if you sell your sytems to Vexus, we will be finding another supplier for all of our live well plumbing needs.
    I think that might be illegal. Rich people help each other become richer. Bill gates propped up Apple when it was tanking.

12. Member
    Glad to see this line getting started up. More choices and competition is good for the consumer.

13. Member
    I'm an idiot? Did I not say they were all good boats? Now who's an idiot? Guys going nuts over a boat company without a prototype? A guy that pays six figures for some extra foam and chrome? Hey, I love competition. I hope Vexus is another successful brand and wish them well. But I also hope they go to a Phoenix price point and not some hype driven ridiculousness like Ranger prices.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    I'm an idiot? Did I not say they were all good boats? Now who's an idiot? Guys going nuts over a boat company without a prototype? A guy that pays six figures for some extra foam and chrome? Hey, I love competition. I hope Vexus is another successful brand and wish them well. But I also hope they go to a Phoenix price point and not some hype driven ridiculousness like Ranger prices.
    I don't mind the higher prices; it makes me feel better and adds to my sense of superiority.

Plus, it helps in keeping the riff-raff from joining the "family". Ranger and Vexus ownership isn't for everyone.

15. Member
    Don't put very much money on that bet because you will loose. That's not how the boating industry handles independent dealers. They give a dealer that will only handle a given manufacturer's product an incentive for exclusive sales of their product. Like reducing the dealer's cost by a couple percent. It's been that way for years and years and will continue. Everything is NOT a conspiracy. Why do you think one company owns multiple hotels in Las Vegas? JM doesn't care what boat you buy, as long as it's his. He will however claim all the buying power from vendors of material costs (carpet, plumbing, wiring, motors, etc) he can negotiate. Just like you do when you buy anything. It's not personal, it's business.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I don't mind the higher prices; it makes me feel better and adds to my sense of superiority.

Plus, it helps in keeping the riff-raff from joining the "family". Ranger and Vexus ownership isn't for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    Wow, sounds like you got a little Ranger Envy. If you own a Nitro now and cant see the construction and fit and finish difference between a Nitro and a Ranger, you are blind as a bat.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Wow, sounds like you got a little Ranger Envy. If you own a Nitro now and cant see the construction and fit and finish difference between a Nitro and a Ranger, you are blind as a bat.
    I see the difference. Very subtle differences but I see them. Now, for the price of a Z518 with a 200 I can get a Z20 with a 250. Better big water ride, faster, more storage, more deck space. I'll take that over a couple of gaskets here and there, a bit more foam and some chrome.

This thread is useless....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

20. Member
    Dealers make the majority of their money from service and parts sales, let the independents sell Vexus and Drop JM brands and they should be fine.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast