Thread: Need a scope...

Need a scope...

Boought my dad a .308 for xmas but need to pick up a scope. Where we hunt most all our shots are 100yrds or less but we do sometimes have shots out to around 250yrds. Anyone know if a good deal on one? Want to stay under $200. But prefer to stay under $150. Thanks guys

2. Member
    Cabela's has the Leupold VX-1 in a 3-9 x 40 for 149.99 and the Bushnell AR optics on sale. I bought the 4 -12 x 40 for a 223 on sale for 99.99 and I love it. The 4.5 - 18 x 40 is for a 308 and is 179.99. Also Bass Pro has the Vortex Diamondback in a 3.5 - 10 x 40 for 179.97 on sale right now.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    check out Optics Planet. I use them alot and right now they have GREAT DEALS going on....

https://www.opticsplanet.com/

4. Banned
    There was a good deal on Nikon at Bass Pro recently, don't know if it's still on or not.

I absolutely love my Nikon Prostaff 5 with the BDC recticle, caught it on a deal for less than $200 a little over a year ago.

5. Banned
    My bad, it's Cabelas that has the Nikon on sale. Deal ends today I think.

Normally $180, on sale for $100

http://www.cabelas.com/product/barga...2.uts?slotId=0

6. Member
    I have bought 3 Nikon ProStaff scopes this year. 2 from Natchez Shooter's Supply and one from Dick's Sporting Goods. Dick's, Cabelas and I believe Walmart had the 3x9x40 Nikon a ProStaff for $100.

My favorite scope when I am hunting in thickets is the 2x7x32 Vortex that I have on my old Remington 742. I know Nikon and Leupold has a similar scope.

7. Member
    I've got many scopes, but my favorite scope, hands down, is Leupold. They all (scopes) have a really good view in the store or even outside, but the real test is right at dawn or dusk, Leupold will gather more light and provide a clear crisp view, better than most other scopes in the same price bracket.

There's gonna be some good sales on scopes this month, but I'd also check out E-Bay. I've bought several used Leupolds off E-bay for less than half new price.

8. Member
    The VX-I will do the job and stay within budget but you might get a steal on a higher scope on one of the sales going on or coming up.