Megabass orochi xx spinnerbait rod ?

Curious on how well the guys that have these rods like them? Are they to stiff for jerkbaits and squarebills? I ordered 2 and for the price I don’t think I could go wrong. What are some other techniques you use these rods for other than spinnerbaits/buzzbait?

2. Member
    TW has this rod listed as jig/spinnerbaits. Its a bit too stiff for my liking for cranks or jerkbaits.

I own one and only use it only for close quarter blades. It could also be used for swimjigs, bladed jigs, buzzbaits, paddle tails if needed but I personally don’t use it for those due to the short rod length.

The shorter length makes it an accurate roll casting rod though and the action is spot on for spinnerbaits. I’ve tossed blades up to 5/8 oz and it was fine.

The deals now on the XX Rods are amazing. Check out their Diable Spec R and Exteme Mission as well. Both phenomenal rods.

I use mine for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, bladed jigs, squarebills, larger topwaters, swim jigs and small swimbaits on jigheads. Can use it on some lighter Texas rigs etc. Great all around rod.

4. Member
    I debated on the Spinnerbait and Spec R and with having to choose one I went spec R for the added length for throwing paddle tails and Keitechs. I wish I could have both lol

5. Banned
    What Mark said

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I use mine for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, bladed jigs, squarebills, larger topwaters, swim jigs and small swimbaits on jigheads. Can use it on some lighter Texas rigs etc. Great all around rod.

6. Member
    Recently got one on sale. I've used it on one outing and believe I've found my perfect spinnerbait rod. Threw 3/8 to 7/8 into grass with no problem.

Just for grins I also tied on a 3/8 jig with trailer to see how it would perform and was pleased. It may not be quite as sensitive as my GLX 843 but this could be a very versatile rod.