Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Pop ups were unbearable...

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6 View Post
    That was the reply at the time (Legend sold) by BCB on the BCB owners page.

Makes sense.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I hope for their sake that they don’t go with the newer Cobra hull molds or some other cheese ball hull that wasn’t known for a good ride.

Oh well, not like i would be able to afford one anyways. It will be cool to read about something new though.

It does make a person wonder if this is the reason why Mr. Morris bought Legend boats, maybe he caught wind of someone else trying to purchase them and paid more $$$.
    It sort of feels like a lot of guys are expecting a ranger type product or hull. If they aren't somewhat close to that it will take a good bit longer to take hold I think. I do expect to see quite a few pros running them. That was their strategy at ranger and it worked. Just shove the product in everybody's face does work. They do seem to have some guys that really know what they're doing and will put out a super quality boat. I also wouldn't doubt the JM deal but you never know. It sounds like them leaving JM was a very raw deal and there is definitely some bad blood. There was such a loyal ranger following that if these guys can put out a comparable boat, there will be a LOT of people jump ship from their current ranger. The issue I see is I don't think they can build another ranger. Legend would have been a really good fit. It will be interesting to see what they come out with. With phoenix growing at a strong pace and if these guys can put out a good rig, JM will feel it. Plus charger is in the mix with the 210 and soon the 198. Something tells me profit margins are a LOT more than claimed

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Pop ups were unbearable...
    I didn't have any on firefox.

5. Member
    The suspense was way over dramatized, in 2 days none of us will be talking about it. Unless maybe they found the missing Champion hulls.
    They can't use current Ranger hulls, it'll be interesting to see what they do. Design/build something new, or splash an older hull.

I don't think JM can hold Champion rights forever, that's why BPS builds one Procraft per year to maintain the rights.

Maybe they're splashing a Champ...maybe they're splashing 300 or 400 Series Ranger hulls.

Take a 361/461/391 with updated dash/interiors, they'll sell. Same if you splash Champs, update dash/interiors.

6. Banned
    Manufacturing facility isn't built yet, so the actual boats probably aren't started yet, add lead time, start-up problems for the new line, and hopefully some testing and "tweaking" of the molds, before the actual release of the boats and can't see any being ready before next fall, at the earliest and possibly 2019.

Who cares most you guys are condemning them before they even started . There's one thing that they've got alot of that most of y'all don't and that's a lots of money, it takes Deep Pockets to start up a venture control business like that and they got. They also have the Man Behind The Myth the legend Forestl wood on their side who's forgotten more contacts the majority of us know they'll be fine. Bring something Innovative and new to the industry and price it lower than everyone else and sell more of it

8. Member
    Maybe there is one setting in some lonely project X building somewhere.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riggpigg View Post
    Every red blooded American should be wishing these guys success, whether you like the boat or not??? Why bag on anyone that steps up to the plate, throws their money down, spends hours and hours in design and perfecting any business plan, filing for patents and trademarks, the attorneys fees, the environmental studies of not only the product, but the facility, hiring the key personal and sleepless nights trying to get a business, any business off the ground!!!!! Hooray for Johnny Morris and his vision!! Hooray for these guys as well!!! Its what makes this country what it is...........Lead, follow or get the hell outa the way.............

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    Manufacturing facility isn't built yet, so the actual boats probably aren't started yet, add lead time, start-up problems for the new line, and hopefully some testing and "tweaking" of the molds, before the actual release of the boats and can't see any being ready before next fall, at the earliest and possibly 2019.
    The article stated research and development was taking place in a different facility in Cotter, so maybe they already are ahead of the curve on the building of prototype hulls.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riggpigg View Post
    Every red blooded American should be wishing these guys success, whether you like the boat or not??? Why bag on anyone that steps up to the plate, throws their money down, spends hours and hours in design and perfecting any business plan, filing for patents and trademarks, the attorneys fees, the environmental studies of not only the product, but the facility, hiring the key personal and sleepless nights trying to get a business, any business off the ground!!!!! Hooray for Johnny Morris and his vision!! Hooray for these guys as well!!! Its what makes this country what it is...........Lead, follow or get the hell outa the way.............
    ^^^^^ Exactly!!

12. Member
    So many people giving their 2 cents without investing a damn penny in the company.Advising on what they should do and how to operate the company..I would suggest to you that the people that are involved in this company have a well thought out business plan and have no intent to fail.Like so many other things only time will tell. I wish them the best of luck and some of you people would complain or criticize if you girl friend or wife gave you sex.

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/story/...ats/914888001/ says coming out in MAY 2018 owned by Bass Pro

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Why wouldnt they? We all know these people and what they can do. They let the fishing community know they are building a manufacturing facility and gave us a date that is only 3.5 months away. I dont see the problem. Actually seems pretty smart. Get everybody talking and have the fishing community all know it and make the debut an even bigger deal. Now everybody is talking and wondering what its going to be. Major free publicity by us!!!!! Genius
    If they were really smart, they would have either (1) purchased another boat company out of bankruptcy at 10 cents on the dollar or, (2) never gone into a depressed industry like the boat business.

Starting a new business including new facilities would be a cash cow--big loser.

15. Banned
    always amazes me how smart the guys are here. no matter what it is, someone here always knows better

16. Member
    The suspense was way over dramatized, in 2 days none of us will be talking about it. Unless maybe they found the missing Champion hulls.
    I still don't understand why so many people care about the old champ hulls. Sure, at the time they were great but give me something new designed with new tech

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    always amazes me how smart the guys are here. no matter what it is, someone here always knows better
    Hello pot, meet kettle

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    They have a temporary facility they're using as of now so work IS being done at the moment and has for a while now, check out the sneak peaks on the Vexus forum.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I still don't understand why so many people care about the old champ hulls. Sure, at the time they were great but give me something new designed with new tech

Thats because you have never been in real rough water in a Champion hull. Yeah their top caps are boring and their interior layout is boring. You won’t ever understand until you drive through breaking whitecaps in one.

Hopper was in charge at the time that Champion was killed off, so it could be a very real possibility that he has the molds.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    The only reason it was over dramatized is because of bunch of jersey wearing fishermen on BBC
    I resemble that remark!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast