R&V Works Cajun Fryer

I recently got a 2 basket 4 gallon fish fryer from R&V WORKS and got a chance to fry about 8-10 lbs of fish, 5 lbs. of french fries and a bag of hush puppies. From the time I fired up the fryer to the time I closed the lid was less than an hour. This fryer is a huge upgrade from the ole pan on the stand. The temp is easy to control, the fish and fries cooked very consistent. The only thing that I had a problem with was keeping up with the cooker. It is almost a "must" to have someone meal the fish for you when using one of these. Now I want a Cajun Smoker. I found them at https://cajunfryer.com was able to pick up at manufacturer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

2. Member
    Thats a very slick looking frier for sure!!

3. Member
    I have had 1 for 5 years. They are awesome. I fry fish, okra, squash, French fries, hushpuppies and everything else under the sun in it. Don't have to change for about 30 uses either.

4. Member
    I will be frying some wings soon.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

Try hot dogs in it.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have a fryer also and makes frying EASY......only thing is you dont have time to drink beer while cooking, it cooks to quick...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    that a nice set up...questions...how much oil does it take?...do you store the oil in it or remove it, strain it and put it back in?...how much to own one?

8. Member
    I have the same fryer and absolutely love it.

I had the smoker for awhile and convinced them to take it back after messing with it for about a year. They offer great service and that smoker is well built. However it is a poor design in my opinion. Smoked meat should not cook as fast as this unit is designed to work. The meat doesn’t get very tender and I never got enough smoke in the meat. I also had severe issues keeping it lit. They replaced 3 or 4 regulators, the burner, and pretty much the entire gas system and I continued to have issues.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    that a nice set up...questions...how much oil does it take?...do you store the oil in it or remove it, strain it and put it back in?...how much to own one?
    That one holds 4 gallons. I leave it in it and change it after 25-30 uses. It is truly does an amazing job!

10. Member
    Thanks rclark1...I will do some more research on where to buy one next....

11. Member
    They are great fryers. You can fry a lot and a long time without burning the oil. I fried backstrap at the camp for 2 hours. I had the single fryer, takes less oil. Ended up giving it to my son as I need to cut down on fried foods