Stratos vs Stratos vs Stratos

Looking at an 07 275 XL vs an 04 275 Pro XL vs a 00 Vindicator. Seems like all 3 have different HP engines, any big differences between the 3 that might not be obvious to a newbie (other than the engines)? Is it better to go newer if all other things seem equal? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    not enough info to comment or to much like comparing apples to apples?

3. Member
    If it were me I would go for the '07. Stuff wears out and stops working over time, so the newer the better. Also, the '07 has a recess for trolling motor pedal built in. I had an '06 that was great.

Vindicator is based off the 273 i think. Whats important to you is not necessarily important to others. Post more info on what you need out of a boat i'm sure people can weigh in on that. Price/year/condition on each would help also.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

5. Member
    I suppose how they ride/handle would be the most important factor to me as speed is more of function of the engines each has (one has a 90, the other a 115, and I forget what the 3rd has). I mean, I can see the layouts (how well the layouts function is another thing). Two of the three of recessed foot pedals up front, I'm fairly certain you could go aftermarket to do this though (right?). Honestly, I guess I'm also looking to find out if there are any major differences between the models, especially tweaks that might not be obvious to the novice boater.