Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

REPOWERED WITH 250 G2, CANT GET ICON 3.5 TO WORK

I JUST REPOWERED MY TRITON WITH A 250 G2, BOUGHT THE CONTROL KIT AND ICON 3.5. ALL PLUGGED IN NICELY AND MOTOR STARTS BUT ALL THE INFO AND CONTROLING ON ICON DOES NOT WORK...... SAYS N/A NEXT TO MOST ITEMS IN DISPLAY. UNIT POWERS UP FINE JUST NOT RECIEVING INFO. ANYONE RUN INTO THIS? DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT TO A DEALER TO PROGRAM ANYTHING? THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. Member
    Why the capitals and if you are sure you have installed the system correctly then would be wise to take it to a trained technician to check it over to see the root cause and PDI it as well.

3. Member
    Why the capitals? If you are sure you have installed the system correctly then would be wise to take it to a trained technician to check it over to see the root cause and PDI it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAMPBELL3014 View Post
    DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT TO A DEALER TO PROGRAM ANYTHING?
    Yes. Everything has to be programmed by the dealer.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

5. Member
    Did you buy it used? New motors technically do not have a warranty unless PDI by an authorized dealer, most dealers will not PDI an engine unless they sell it.

Did you install the power node in the NMEA network and the power harness for the gauge? If your not using software version 2.1 or later in the gauge it probably will not work either.

G2 PDI form.jpgPDI is the pre-delivery inspection form that has to be filled out by the dealer stating how the motor was rigged and tested along with signatures from both of you. That and an engine report is required for factory warranty registration.

If you did the rigging, did you follow the G2 Pre-delivery and Rigging manual to the letter?
    Last edited by SEAHORSE; 12-02-2017 at 06:53 AM.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

I repowered a ski boat with a G2 and ICON gauges...everything had to be "turned on" via software at a dealer. By that I mean, they need to tell the engine to send the water pressure signal (as an example). Once up and running it's slick. The only thing I was disappointed about was that I needed to instal a .1 Puck to get my GPS speedo to work...
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

8. Member
    Sorry for the late response, I took it to my local dealer and they wanted $2,000 to re rig it. So I re-looked the NMEA connections and seen I made a mistake. Everything is working good now! The rigging kit comes with everything a guy needs and just plugs right in...... can make a guy with basic mechanical skills a certified BRP tech in no time

9. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    can make a guy with basic mechanical skills a certified BRP tech in no time
    I have met a few guys that really think like that,,,,

Glad it is good to go now

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

.... can make a guy with basic mechanical skills a certified BRP tech in no time

With a tool set from Home Depot and a smart phone to watch YouTube videos, anyone can become an outboard "tech."

YouTube certified MARINE technician.jpg
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Sorry for the late response, I took it to my local dealer and they wanted $2,000 to re rig it. So I re-looked the NMEA connections and seen I made a mistake. Everything is working good now! The rigging kit comes with everything a guy needs and just plugs right in...... can make a guy with basic mechanical skills a certified BRP tech in no time
    Maybe wait a week before quitting your day job....
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    ...... can make a guy with basic mechanical skills a certified BRP tech in no time
    Hell we'll make you a double secret moderator in training. Guy with your skills should be able to handle a handful of 8's no problem. Now I just hope you got your PDI signed off OK.

I got this hat. Bring it on!

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

14. Member
    Right on guys thanks for the encouragement! I knew the BBC stoud for more than bass boat central!

15. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    I got this hat. Bring it on!

Where'd you find my hat!!!

16. Member
    Right on guys thanks for the encouragement! I knew the BBC stoud for more than bass boat central!
    All joking aside, the install on these motors is not that difficult. I did mine on my own from start to finish.The quote I got from my local dealer to do the install was outrageous. I wouldn’t have purchased the motor if the dealer had to do the install.These are great motors, dealers charging unrealistic prices and making the job seem overly complicated doesn’t help Evinrude’s reputation.

If you don't mind telling on yourself what was the mistake?
    No power to the Nmea network?

18. Member
    Yes that is correct

That is the most common mistake.

20. Member
    I used the accessory power to power up the icon..... had to hook in the harness with the splitter to power up both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast