Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Do yourself a favor. Replace all of the lines going from the tank to the squeeze ball and to the connection under the cowling ( or plug on connector if it is a removable line). Go directly to you marine dealer and get the latest bulk fuel line. This will be the latest ethanol fuel resistant line. The older lines deteriorate from the inside and there is no way to INSPECT them from the outside. The debris is a fine powder and clogs passages in carbs, electric fuel pump ( like those used in an Optimax or DFI injections system). It also hurts the diaphragm lift pump on the side of a Merc engine.
    To avoid this Stabil is not the answer. Starbright Star Tron, as others have said, is your answer. You buy a bottle and it is concentrated. You add so many ounces to so many gallons as per the instructions on the bottle. I have never added 1 drop of fuel in my 2010 Lowe without adding Star Tron and I have never had an issue. This product uses enzymes that help avoid the issues with ethanol attracting water or allowing it to separate and cause trouble.

2. Banned
    I run a 2013 150 Pro xs and all our regular gas here in Ontario ( may area anyway) has 10% ethanol in it. For my small engeins I use premium but not in my Pro xs. I usually put in gas that I know I will likely use up in a week or so. I very rarely fill up my tank unless I'm fishing for 3 plus days in a row. And I always run stabil every fill up. And once a month I add seafoam. This stuff is amazing. Half a bottle in a tank and that motor is clean as a whistle.

3. Member
    I only run gas with ethanol in my truck. Every other engine I own, outboard, atv, lawn mower, small gas equipment I run non ethanol. Well worth the increased price of the gas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12