Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    A supercharger steals power from the top end to put it on the low end.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    But it is a fact when comparing to a turbo. SC does very little at max RPM, which is where a turbo shines.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Bolt on a SC to a factory engine with a factory ECM and no matter how it is tuned, there will be little to no notable HP gain at high RPM. It will hop off the line better, but you are limited in what you can tune to use any of the power. The SC itself uses up a significant portion of the engine power. If you have access to a dyno, a totally custom ECM, performance intake, exhaust and head, and can choose your gearing you can take advantage of a SC. Otherwise it just sucks gas and accomplishes only a little more than a tuner that moves the shift points on an auto tranny.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

ProCharger says that it takes 100-150hp to turn a blower hard enough to turn a typical 400hp smallblock into 1000hp. Many have proven this by switching to turbo and making 100-200 more HP at the same boost level. To say a centrifugal , roots or screw blower doesn’t add hp at max rpm is outrageous. Peak hp may happen at a few 100rpm lower though with boost.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    ProCharger says that it takes 100-150hp to turn a blower hard enough to turn a typical 400hp smallblock into 1000hp. Many have proven this by switching to turbo and making 100-200 more HP at the same boost level. To say a centrifugal , roots or screw blower doesn’t add hp at max rpm is outrageous. Peak hp may happen at a few 100rpm lower though with boost.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    I think many of y'all are missing his question, he wants the blower for "normal" (non-towing) drivng. Sounds like he wants to somewhat hot rod his motor for fun driving, but would like to know if doing so would effect his towing, good or bad. He doesn't need better towing capability with the blower but was wondering if it would change the way it tows. Or cause issues with the blower, etc.
    Leonreno
    You hit my question right on the head. From the responses, it does not look like anyone has done this conversion, and from the responses, I will just stick with my intake, headers, and exhaust. It's reliable. I know "Tin" boats are looked down on by a lot of Bass guys, they are a lot slower, but are of use dependant on the waters you fish. And they are not that light as some might think. My boat w/o motor and gear is only 200-300 lbs lighter that some guys posting as a Heavy 20' Ranger or Javelin. Part of this might come from me not having a steering wheel and all the associated components that goes with one. Again, thanks all for the input.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    Swap your gears for 4.10s. That's what i did and it's like night and day towing now.
    ^^^ That will do the trick and it is much more cost effective for towing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12