BBC SPONSOR

Winter River Run - Paducah, KY

Just*thought I'd throw this out there, we are having a*small winter river run at Paducah, KY on December 9th. We will launch at the new ramp off 8th street on the Ohio River and run to Kentucky Dam on the Tennessee River, one way distance is roughly 25 miles with no fuel stops along the way.

Should be good fast*water if the weather will cooperate.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. Member
    Wow! I know the 2 strokes like cold weather! They will love this coming weekend!
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

4. BBC SPONSOR
    70 today, 30 on Saturday
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

5. Member
    I say yall need to get out there and see who can run the fastest without a helmet on LOL yall have fun!!!!!

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    I say yall need to get out there and see who can run the fastest without a helmet on LOL yall have fun!!!!!
    Think wind protection
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

7. BBC SPONSOR
    **UPDATE** Winter River Run - Paducah, KY **UPDATE**
    Dec 8-9, 2017
    ***As bad as I hate to do this, I have decided to POSTPONE the river run.***

I have been following the forecast very close and it seems to be changing daily, currently accuweather.com is showing 40 on Friday and 42 on Saturday. While those temps are not bad, the wind is currently forecast to blow WNW at 15+. With the Tennessee River flowing South to North, this will blow against the current and make the river roll worse than if it was blowing with the current.

Safety is my #1 concern and I do not want to knowingly put anyone in danger. Also what good is a river run if your stuck plowing and fighting waves the entire time?

I would like everyone's input on this, I would like to have the run at some point and my current thought is to keep an eye on the forecast and pick a new date. I will try to give at least 2 weeks notice but you know how that can go this time of year. Wind is my main concern, this river can get plum nasty/dangerous very quickly.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

8. Member
    you know as well as anybody wind on the tn river can make for some not to fun of rides for sure yall be safe if you go ahead with it!!