Single mount HDS7 on Eagle Talon 17 DLX done. Now preparing to do a dual mount

Hey guys. Ive just finished fitting a HDS 7 to my Eagle Talon DLX. There was a bit of work involved designing and fabricating everything to look OEM. The project took me about 6 months.

All the hard work was really worth it though. I can now mount up to two 12" graphs at the console. I will be mounting a second HDS 7 soon.

7 and 9" are best suited to my setup. Larger sizes start to get too high to the point that its hard to see above the graph. In theory two 16's can be mounted but I would have to lower or reposition the base plate so it would not sit too high and they would also cover the tach and speedo gauges.

Now working on a dual mount base plate for my set up. Will be removing the single graph base plate and retrofitting a dual graph unit base plate. This will be as simple as undoing 4 countesunk screws, replacing the single mount base plate with the dual mount plate and then fitting the two graphs. Will post some photos as soon as I learn how to compress my photo files to 97 kb.
    Last edited by Braddo1966; 11-28-2017 at 06:35 PM.

2. Member
    To resize photos, from a phone, I use an app called photo and picture resizer. It's free.
    I'd like to see this!

Smile Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    To resize photos, from a phone, I use an app called photo and picture resizer. It's free.
    I'd like to see this!
    Thanks for the tip. Attached are 3 photos.

1. One of Sub-frame. The graph mount and heavy duty dash are attached to this frame. The frame sits under the console and takes all the weight. Its bolted down to the boat i.e. the aluminium which the console bolts to. This is super strong.

2. One of the dash panel, graph mount and HDS 7 Graph - before the heavy duty dash panel was powdercoated in Satin Black.

3. One of the finished project after the HD dash panel was powdercoated.

I am now going to fabricate a thicker stronger dual mount base plate. Once I get the second graph I simply remove the single mount base plate, fit the dual mount base plate and mount the two graphs at the console. It's very versatile and a quick change process from single to a dual mount set-up.

The single mount cost me $190.00 USD (custom fabricated with CAD drawings based on my design and specs). Comes with a custom logo if specified e.g. "G3".

The Sub-frame cost me $350.00 USD to get fabricated from my design drawings and specs. I fitted this myself.

It was a worthwhile project. Now I can run up to 3 graphs and get all the data I need. The look is OEM. The mount is rock solid. The graph unit does not move during big choppy water runs. I am really happy with the results .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Braddo1966; 12-02-2017 at 12:50 AM.

4. Member
    Looks good! Currently I'm looking at as many setup's as possible, so i might have a better idea of what to do when I finally get some decent graphs.
    Thank you for the pictures.

Yes its good to plan thoroughly and the time spent planning will be worth it. I get most of my ideas from boat manufacturers and a few from accessories manufacturers. I then decide what would be best for my boat. Next I am planning to get a carpeted centre step day-box for my boat. This will be located between driver and passenger seats. It will be used for storing cell phones wallets etc. I got this idea from Bass Cat boats.

Even though the design of a G3 console limits your choice of graph, as you can see there is a way around these design limitations.

Good luck with your set-up.
    Last edited by Braddo1966; 12-02-2017 at 03:26 PM.

6. Member
    Brad I have a carpeted center step box on my Bass Cat and it is very functional and useful. I replaced the center seat 3 years ago and it was one of the best upgrades I have made. I really like your graph mount.

7. Member
    Agreed on the research time. When I added a rod locker and storage boxes, I spent more time online looking at pictures and reading threads, then I did working on it.
    That included redoing it, three times! It never failed, id have a plan, get about halfway, and see a better or different way.