Getting three 93 echomap plus units need help selecting transducers

I would like to have side and down scan at bow and console. Also will use one of the units dedicated to Panoptix...

Also am I overlooking something here? Any thoughts are welcome.

Would you do the set up differently??

3 mfd’s is my goal. So I like your idea a lot. Two screens on the bow is the cats meow! One for 2D and mapping and the other for Panoptics. Your console unit is great or SI and mapping or any other way that suits your needs. Congrats on your new set up. More fish are going in your boat for sure.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Thats the same setup I run. Works well.

4. Member
    Can you share waypoints from the console to the bow? Garmin help line said you can. But Garmin rep says you can't. Help line guy said you can do it via NEMA ? Just can't share sonar data etc.

5. Member
    My understanding is you can share waypoints and that's it.

I share way points with mine.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Is the names 2000 what u need for sharing waypoints?

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlthing View Post
    Can you share waypoints from the console to the bow? Garmin help line said you can. But Garmin rep says you can't. Help line guy said you can do it via NEMA ? Just can't share sonar data etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
    Is the names 2000 what u need for sharing waypoints?
    With the echoMAP Plus 7x/9x units, wpt sharing is strictly with Ethernet-networking (these units have Ethernet ports). However, per the original press release announcing these Plus units, Ethernet-networking with these units won't be available until additional software is released in Q1 2018. Previous nonCHIRP and CHIRP echoMAP 7x/9x share with Garmin High Speed Protocol (blue and brown wires on MFD PWR cable).

Note that the echoMAP Plus 4x/6x products will continue to support the Garmin High Speed Protocol to share wpts.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    With the echoMAP Plus 7x/9x units, wpt sharing is strictly with Ethernet-networking (these units have Ethernet ports). However, per the original press release announcing these Plus units, Ethernet-networking with these units won't be available until additional software is released in Q1 2018. Previous nonCHIRP and CHIRP echoMAP 7x/9x share with Garmin High Speed Protocol (blue and brown wires on MFD PWR cable).

Note that the echoMAP Plus 4x/6x products will continue to support the Garmin High Speed Protocol to share wpts.
    I would like to add a 93 Plus for the console and move my current console mounted 93sv up front for dedicated Panoptix. Then have a bow mounted 93SV sharing Wpt's with the new 93 Plus.

Will you be able to wpt share with Ethernet-networking between a EchoMap 93sv and a EchoMap 93 Plus after the software update?

Thanks,
    2021 Phoenix 921 ProXP w/Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    Bow Garmin Force, Garmin 126SV and 12"Solix, Mega 360, Livescope
    Console Garmin 126SV and 12"Solix
    Ionic 125ah, 3 Battleborn 100ah, Power pole charge, 8ft Power Poles

Catch and Release for our children's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassgreg View Post
    I would like to add a 93 Plus for the console and move my current console mounted 93sv up front for dedicated Panoptix. Then have a bow mounted 93SV sharing Wpt's with the new 93 Plus.

Will you be able to wpt share with Ethernet-networking between a EchoMap 93sv and a EchoMap 93 Plus after the software update?

Thanks,
    No, echoMAP Plus waypoint sharing will not be backwards compatible with older echoMAP units.
    Garmin Pro Team

11. Member
    No, echoMAP Plus waypoint sharing will not be backwards compatible with older echoMAP units.
    Not sure of the thought process on this. I don't understand why both couldn't be used so that we can interface our last year model echomap with the new one if we want to add another unit. So now it's either buy last years unit so that it will still share waypoints.....or have to purchase 2 new units. Not going to go that deep, would rather invest in a panoptix. I guess they may extract extra money from some people wanting the latest and greatest when they have to replace all their units to keep them talking.

12. Member
    Yes, it would be nice to have a menu option to select which network to use to share waypoints. Then you could use the 0183 to share waypoints across all the echomaps. Then if you later added another echomap plus (so 2 echomap plus and 1 chrip) you could share the transducers with ethernet and wire all 3 up with the 0183 to share waypoints.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    With the echoMAP Plus 7x/9x units, wpt sharing is strictly with Ethernet-networking (these units have Ethernet ports). However, per the original press release announcing these Plus units, Ethernet-networking with these units won't be available until additional software is released in Q1 2018.
    Todd, just installed my Ecoh Plus 93vs today....in doing so what port on the rear would be considered ethernet??? All i see is Power, N2K, Sonar and Panpotix....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

14. Member
    It's the Panoptix port......or soon will be.

Just thought I'd help Todd out. It's not often that I can.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-13-2018 at 11:16 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ok....well that kinda of a wash....if one has panoptix then you dont get ethernet....unless they come out with some type of dual connection adapter....

That will be an awesome unit once the ethernet comes out....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Ok....well that kinda of a wash....if one has panoptix then you dont get ethernet....unless they come out with some type of dual connection adapter....

That will be an awesome unit once the ethernet comes out....
    See this port expander for additional ethernet connections:
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/250
    Garmin Pro Team