Thread: "Announcement"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    They put Aaron Martens, Hackney, Russ Lane, Davey Hite, Bobby Lane...in boats right away. In the eyes of we bass guys....that gave them instant legitimacy in the market. Very smart of them....obviously their growth plan has worked, but they are like everybody now...you can spend as much or little within reason as you want on one...

2. Member
    Almost all of us who are IN a Ranger will STAY in a Ranger. I don’t take chances with $100K!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    They put Aaron Martens, Hackney, Russ Lane, Davey Hite, Bobby Lane...in boats right away. In the eyes of we bass guys....that gave them instant legitimacy in the market. Very smart of them....obviously their growth plan has worked, but they are like everybody now...you can spend as much or little within reason as you want on one...

Phoenix came about in 2007. They did not sign any of the top names before 2010. For Vexus to succeed they still have to prove they have a good platform for any of the top guys to make a change. I'm sure the team they have will indeed provide that but only time will tell... I wish them all the best!!

4. Member
    Ranger has been my dream boat since I was 5. 1975. It seems that Ranger created an innovative product that everyone wanted, and pushed other boats out of the industry. Why would a successful business owner of an outdoor superstore not want to buy Ranger if they had the chance? These companies don't get bought out b/c everything is fabulous. JM saw an opportunity, and ownership saw selling was their most profitable exit. I've never met JM, so have no clue what kind of person he is, but why are we bashing a guy for being successful? Don't the Wood's family have some ownership in this since they were the founders of the boat company and sold out to someone at some point making JM's buyout possible? If Legend was a goldmine, why would they sell out? Maybe JM saved both by buying them out? Maybe the quality of both will not fade with strong financial backing? It seems there was a time period that people on here discuss the drop in quality Ranger experienced. I'd bet it was a time when finances weren't great.

Let's consider this possibility.Ranger has been very innovative over the years. But most of the leadership, and workers for that matter have never worked anywhere buy Ranger. As in nature, this lack of genetic diversification, causes inbreeding, and lack of evolution. Leads to doing the same thing over and over bc its what's worked. Evolve or Die. Remember Blockbuster? Netflix offered themselves to be bought by Blockbuster, Blockbuster blew them off. Where's Blockbuster?

Maybe production practices and ideas that White River has can be applied at Ranger. It is possible to increase efficiency w/o sacrificing quality. Will they want or care to do that???? Time will tell. See a lot of 2018's being bought on the forum w/o any complaints of quality. I'd think if someone spent $90K plus they'd be expecting perfection.

Maybe some of the manufacturing ideas Ranger uses can be added to other White River boats w/minimum cost to make a higher quality product?

Maybe its a win/win for the industry?

5. Member
    +1 on the above.

6. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    A lot of these guys at Vexus boats WERE Ranger and made it what it was. I'm sure Vexus will be a great product with those behind it!

Wood manufacturing was actually sold to a company in Dallas in 1987 and then in 91 bought by Genmar.
    Last edited by H2O_Fowl; 12-12-2017 at 07:04 AM.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    A lot of these guys at Vexus boats WERE Ranger and made it what it was. I'm sure Vexus will be a great product with those behind it!
    I think Forrest and Nina were what made Ranger Unique...its been around for 50 years and had many great years before those guys ever got out of grade school....the new L may be the nicest bassboat Ranger has ever made...so .....

Quote Originally Posted by DMV631 View Post
    Phoenix came about in 2007. They did not sign any of the top names before 2010. For Vexus to succeed they still have to prove they have a good platform for any of the top guys to make a change. I'm sure the team they have will indeed provide that but only time will tell... I wish them all the best!!
    Yes sir....but the first boats were the bumble bee hulls weren't they?
    Last edited by dean c; 12-12-2017 at 01:03 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Yea sir....but the first boats were the bumble bee hulls werent they?
    Think the first Phoenix was a 2009 model, making this their 10 model year with Phoenix.

10. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    I think Forrest and Nina were what made Ranger Unique...its been around for 50 years and had many great years before those guys ever got out of grade school....the new L may be the nicest bassboat Ranger has ever made...so .....
    thats true. Hopper began working for Ranger in high school as basically a janitor I think. He's family. But, they all made Ranger what it is/was. The board here is but a very very small part of Ranger owners. Lots of guys owned rangers because they believed in the people who worked there. Boats are only as good as the people who run the company and those that build them. There is a whole bunch of employee loyalty to what was the Ranger management before BPS bought them. I'd predict that a lot of employees may go to work for Vexus just due to the management there.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    thats true. Hopper began working for Ranger in high school as basically a janitor I think. He's family. But, they all made Ranger what it is/was. The board here is but a very very small part of Ranger owners. Lots of guys owned rangers because they believed in the people who worked there. Boats are only as good as the people who run the company and those that build them. There is a whole bunch of employee loyalty to what was the Ranger management before BPS bought them. I'd predict that a lot of employees may go to work for Vexus just due to the management there.
    Agree, and Vexus is already taking applications

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567