Thread: "Announcement"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I was reading something on Facebook posted by of of the top former Ranger guys. In one paragraph, if you read between the lines, it was apparent that something big was going to happen this week.

What's the OVER/UNDER on the number of pages this will generate in the Lounge?
    The post was from Keith Daffron's Facebook page as part of his 50 posts for 50 years recognizing the people of Ranger. Here is the post as it was shared to the Ranger Bass Boat Owners facebook page. I highlighted the parts that were a hint to their announcement this week.

#38, 39, and 40- Randy Hopper / Forrest and Nina Wood
    This should be the easiest post for me to write. After all, these three individuals have done more in the past 50 years than any others combined.
    But it’s not easy. Why? Because where do you begin? It’d take a volume of books to properly convey their character and accomplishments.
    Randy Hopper-
    Spend thirty minutes with the man and he’ll leave a lasting impression. Any question one might have as to where his success comes from will be answered. His story is anything but a fairy tale.
    He began working the night shift while still in high school. Learning the trade literally as the industry was being developed. It wasn’t long before he was the supervisor of the 2nd shift, still just a boy. Eventually he graduated and began working the first 12 hours of the day instead of the second. His background provided a springboard into more product and process development. His additional duties kept piling on until 1989, when he assumed the role as President and CEO. He held this role until our departure 2 years and 3 days ago.
    Many of you know his story, some don’t. But the part I want to emphasize is this. No single person in our industry is as knowledgeable, talented, kind, and hard working as Randy Hopper. Nobody, not even close. His leadership IS the reason that boats left town for 50 years.
    Folks ask all the time, “How do you keep making them better? Where do these ideas come from?”. The answer is always simple, Randy. He listens, refines, sketches, thinks, and ultimately pushes us all to dream farther than we ever would without him.
    If you own or build the product, my guess is there’s something about it that you really like. Some model, style, or feature that simply stands out. If so, then thank Randy Hopper sometime. It’s that “Thanks” that provides him the fuel to keep dreaming. Those dreams are where the next generation of product comes from…
    Nina Wood-
    I like to say that I’ve got one of the coolest Grandmothers ever put on earth. She drives a ¾ ton pickup that sits higher than mine and is still upset that it can’t be bought with a standard transmission. She grew up in the horse and buggy days. Shot squirrels for dinner with her pump .22 while riding a mule to the river to check the water levels. She cut cedar logs with a crosscut saw all summer long to save enough money to buy a dress for school that fall.
    Nowadays she’s up every morning hours before daylight and can tell you more about her cattle herd than the best in the business. She’s likely to spend her nights out at the gym watching her great grandkids play ball. And this is her “retired” life!
    I wholeheartedly believe that Forrest and Nina were destined to be together. Never have I witnessed a couple so close and complementing to each other. Over 67 years ago it rained. Why is that important? Well, it gave Forrest the day off from helping construct Bull Shoals Dam. They called it “Dogging off” back then. That rainy day allowed Forrest and Nina to travel to nearby Harrison and get married. They honeymooned in a hotel downtown and were back in Flippin by daylight the next morning to go to work.
    Nina’s role at Ranger Boats was second only to Forrest’s. Her instinctive ability to judge character led to some great careers for many young fishermen. She made sure that the trucks were rolling and that payment was received. But ultimately it’s Nina’s work ethic that seasoned the rest of the employees into being the kind of group that wouldn’t stop until the work was done.
    Forrest Wood-

So much has been said about this fine man. It’s been said by writers with much more talent than I. But when he’s your Grandfather it provides a different perspective.

I started this 50 posts gig on July 9th with a picture of Forrest and I in the boat together. 40 posts later I’ve learned a lot. I’ve learned about some of the folks that I didn’t know as well. I learned that there’s a bunch of people in the world that thinks this is interesting stuff. I’ve also learned that the recipe to success isn’t all that complicated.

Forrest said so many times that he set out to do three things. First, he had to build the best product. Second, he had to let folks know about it. Third, he had to take care of the employees and customers that made it possible.

A simple philosophy that still works.

Now I could sit down and spend all afternoon writing about Forrest’s history and his life story. It’s beyond interesting. Instead I’m going to summarize Forrest by saying this. His legacy must live on. It’s got to continue because the world needs more of what he has. That’s where our team comes in. You see, we’ve got a big week ahead of us. But without the support of the three people mentioned in this post it wouldn’t be happening.

Our family has spent the past three days celebrating Thanksgiving. Now, more than ever, I'm thankful for Randy, Forrest, and Nina. For the path they blazed, the leadership principals they’ve taught, and the opportunities they’ve provided for so many people. God has blessed us beyond measure…

#fiftypostsforfiftyyears
    #myheroes
    #thewayitshouldbe

3. Member
    Wow, great post

4. Member
    Great read! It will be tough seeing them do anything with boats that don't have a Ranger emblem on them but I wish them the best
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Great read! It will be tough seeing them do anything with boats that don't have a Ranger emblem on them but I wish them the best
    I'm not going to bet against them:)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Law View Post
    You see, we’ve got a big week ahead of us.
    This particular phrased that jumped out at me.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Somebody is gonna need to ask AL to put another boat brand on this site.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    Just curious but if this were to happen would many of you "jump ship" to the Wood family's new brand or keep running Ranger while wishing them good luck in their endeavor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Just curious but if this were to happen would many of you "jump ship" to the Wood family's new brand or keep running Ranger while wishing them good luck in their endeavor?
    “IF” it’s in fact a new brand with Forest, Hopper & Keith (plus countless other originals so-to-speak) count me in. Forest’s leadership and strive for the very best is what, IMO, has made every other boat manufacturer kill themselves to follow. The Wood family product will be my choice and I will help them succeed “IF” this is what is happening

I’m not really digging the name Stetson but definitely following.
    2014 Ranger Z518c - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Humminbird

11. Banned
    Can we move this off the ranger page please not relevant....

Very interesting

13. Member
    @ Jay Law
    Thank you for posting/sharing

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    What problem do you have with it, just don't open it if it bothers you....

Subscribed. Only thing i think about is the Ranger Stripe. Whatever they make may be top notch, but it won't have that stripe. Just me..

16. mikesxpress
    Nitranger©

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    It will be relevant soon, trust me.

18. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    If they do decide to build boats, I hope they find a better name than Stetson.

That name doesn't do a thing for me.

From a marketing perspective, I hope they find a better name.

19. Member
    Forrest Wood is the man when it comes to bass fishing. People talk about Ray Scott and what he did and it was great but his ego got in his way. Not with Mr. Wood, pure class all the time! I have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and what a kind and honest man he is. Next to my dad I would say the best person I have ever met. I have only owned Ranger Boats since I was 20 and I am 48 now but if Mr. Wood is behind it I would consider switching.

20. Banned
    If what you all are talking about is changing the name from Ranger in IMO is just plain stupid

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast