Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

2000 Evinrude Ficht

I’m looking a a Stratos with a 2000 Evinrude Ficht on it. I don’t gave any model
    or serial numbers but I was wondering if anyone may have any insight about these?
    Ive never owned one and don’t have any knowledge of them. The boat is very clean and priced well but if the motor is a problem or hard to get parts for I’ll save the time water testing and keep looking. Thanks!

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Keep on trucking.

3. Banned
    Ok. Thanks!

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I had a Stratos with a year 2000 FICHT on it. Ran it 4 years without a hint of trouble, and there are still a number of Fichts running well up this way. If it’s lasted this long, it may be a good one, but any motor that old can develop problems. In this case, parts are very limited in availability, so the engine is very low in value.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Run Forest,,run!

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

6. Member
    Do you want to spend another 14k on a motor? There is your answer.

7. Scraps
    I think the 2000 was the one-off RAM engine?? I had a 98 Fucht that I ran for 18yrs with few problems.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinSkinny View Post
    Do you want to spend another 14k on a motor? There is your answer.
    In fairness, any 18-year-old motor is worth very little, or to put it another way (as it’s so often said), could last for years or for minutes. The vast majority of value in a 2000 model boat is in the hull, trailer, and any accessories that might be fairly current. A motor that seems to run well, whether parts are available for it or not, is a bonus, but to me it wouldn’t matter much whether—if motor problems developed—it was a fixer or a junker. Because fixing motors 18 years old is never cheap, unless you are yourself a skilled outboard mechanic with lots of free time, and never a guarantee that additional problems won’t surface. Long-winded way of saying that a good boat can be worth the asking price regardless of what motor is on it.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

9. Member
    Well said and anyone looking to buy such an age rig may have to spend some money on a re-power in the short or long term. Also I see no where the HP in question, only that it is a 2000 Evinrude, which to my knowledge they have never made a 2000HP Evinrude-could be a V4, Small block V6 or Big block V6.

10. Banned
    200 horsepower

11. Banned
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    Well said and anyone looking to buy such an age rig may have to spend some money on a re-power in the short or long term. Also I see no where the HP in question, only that it is a 2000 Evinrude, which to my knowledge they have never made a 2000HP Evinrude-could be a V4, Small block V6 or Big block V6.
    I hope I cleared this up for you. A 2000 hp outboard in a bassboat seems silly but you said it.

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I would at the very least want an engine built in 03 or later by BRP, not an OMC Ficht....JMHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatpower View Post
    I hope I cleared this up for you. A 2000 hp outboard in a bassboat seems silly but you said it.
    Yes I know I said that but I was only going off what you typed, you did not mentioned HP so any advise might be hard to believe if we do not know even what HP, block etc is in question. Best of luck to you.

15. Member
    mines has been great but I wouldn't buy that boat unless it was cheap enough to repower later when needed. mine has had NOTHING but maintenance done to it all these years!!1 knock on wood!!!!
    Last edited by mactlman; 11-29-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    mines has been great but I wouldn't buy that boat unless it was cheap enough to repower later when needed.
    This ^ and I owned a 2000 200HP Ficht from new until it blew in Oct 2013. Plenty of money in repairs over the years. EMM cooling sucks on them and thats the biggest issue with that motor. If the boat is in great shape and you get it for just the boat price then do it and figure on a repower at some point.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatpower View Post
    I’m looking a a Stratos with a 2000 Evinrude Ficht on it. I don’t gave any model
    or serial numbers but I was wondering if anyone may have any insight about these?
    Ive never owned one and don’t have any knowledge of them. The boat is very clean and priced well but if the motor is a problem or hard to get parts for I’ll save the time water testing and keep looking. Thanks!
    A Ficht?... run the other way!

18. Member
    if it still runs well, it is a good one like mine I would guess!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

19. Member
    I agree, seen plenty of other outboards brands fail with less years than 18 years under their belt. Had one here the other day with only half that number of years under its belt-block was cracked and throw away-only 65 hours too.

20. Member
    I have a 2000 225hp Ficht that is still running well. Keeping my fingers crossed! EMM was replaced once by the previous owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast