A98 to E127 Problems

I want to connect my A98 to my E127.

The E127 was originally connected to a Thru hull transducer and a CP100 (connected by the CP100 module box).---which was connected by raynet.

I would like to use my E127 up front and have it connected to my CP100. Without the module box...is there anyway to do this?

I currently have the A98 hooked up like I always did. Added power for the E127, and connected the two via raynet cables. But I am not able to view or select any transducers or control any transducer on the E series.

I was thinking that maybe this would be something about the software and needing an update? But, I am not able to get a wifi connection on the E series. The A series has no problem finding and connecting.

Kinda lost.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The CP100 will have to go thru the box on a 127(sonar only)
    Try putting the Raynet cable in the other ports on the unit. Maybe a bad port. You have it connected correctly. Down load the update to a card and try updating it that way.

3. Member
    Hickory is correct...
    * e127 needs CP100 module for CPT-100 transducer
    * make sure all software is updated

“7” units (e127) are 600W internal units - that’s why you had a thru hull direct connect to it.

4. Member
    Thanks. Sooo... just so I am certain on this.

I cannot use the CP100 through the A98....and it (A98) does not act like a CP100 module for the E127, is that correct?

So the proper way to hook this up will be:
    CP100 Transducer to the CP100 Module.
    Raynet from module to E127.
    Raynet connecting E127 to the A98.
    And continue running the rest of the setup as it was (A98 in front connected to A98 in back thru Raynet. And the back A98 connected to the CP200 sidescan {raynet} and the CP100 transom transducer {direct connection from transducer to unit})

With this setup..in theory, I should be able to control all three transducers with all three units.

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The a98 has built in downvision. You can plug the transducer right into the a98.

You can pull up the down vision on the e127 screen to look at it and adjust it. Your first post sounded like you wanted to plug the down vision transducer into your e127, you can’t do that without going thru the module.

What units do you have and what are you wanting, let’s start from there.

6. Member
    Maybe I misread your last post - Do you have 2 A98s or just 1?

Sounds like you have:
    1 CP100 sounder - downvision
    2 CPT100 transducers
    1 CP200 sounder - sidevision
    E127 MFD
    A98 MFD

The CPT100 transducer will work with the A98 or the CP100 sounder box. The CPT100 transducer will not work with the E127.

A98 > raynet > CP200 box
    A98 > raynet > E127
    E127 > raynet > CP100 box

If you have 2 CPT100 transducers you can hook 1 direct to the A98 and 1 to the CP200 box. If you want to use the E127 up front you could put the CPT100 transducer on the trolling motor and hook it up to the CP100 box then network it like outlined above. It does not matter where the raynet cables are connected to the CP100 & CP200 boxes as long as you have both MFDs networked together.

If the network is working correctly you should be able to pull up any sounder from any unit.

Be sure to hook everything up before powering up the system.

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    One more thing I would do. I would run the in hull transducer plug all the way to the bow and plug it into the e127 If you move it up there.

This way you will have depth at speed thru the sonar on the e127. Not sure you will be able to keep bottom contact with the CPT-100 at speed.

8. Member
    Ok (sorry I think I am the one that made this confusing)... I have 2 A98 units one in the back and one up front. One E127 unit this is a new unit, so I am plugging it into my existing system.
    I do have the CP100 module box---but hoping to not have to plug it in.

Current setup:
    From back to front.
    CPT100 > A98
    CPT200 > CP200 > A98 thru raynet
    A98 > A98 thru raynet
    A98 > CPT100

I want to use the E127 unit as 2d sonar (damiki / dropshot fishing). I don't care about having bottom at speed as I still have a flasher and Lowrance that keeps bottom for me.

My thoughts were that I could use the E127 and connect to the front A98 via raynet and be able to access and control the CPT100 up front. BUT...I can't. I get nothing when I connect to it. So... can I actually do that? Or will I have no choice but to add the CP100 module? (in which case I would have to get another raynet cable and just not sure its worth all the trouble to actually add the 12" unit)

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Yes just UPDATE the software on the e127.

Plug it into the A unit via raynet cable.

You should be able to view the CPT-100 on the trolling motor that is hooked up to the a98.

You shouldnt have to even plug in a transducer to the e127.

You can view the down/2d on the trolling motor, the Down/2d off the transom, and the side vision from the CP200 all on the e127.

Update the units, All units with the latest software 19.03 and let us know how it works. If not you could have a bad Raynet connector on the unit or a bad cable. I have seen a unit with a bad Raynet connector and it wouldnt read what ever was plugged into that port

10. Member
    Excellent! I'm downloading the update now to a card and will try it tonight. I have no idea why the E127 wouldn't find a wifi connection...even with my phone beside it as a hotspot.
    Hopefully this update will do it all.

11. Member
    Is the wifi network showing up but you are unable to connect or do you not see any wifi networks to connect to?

Once you do the update go if you are still having trouble with the E127 go to the "Maintenance" page and make sure that all of you MFDs are showing up. It could be that the 127 or the 98 has a bad network plug or you have a bad raynet cable like hickory mentioned.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntertn View Post
    Is the wifi network showing up but you are unable to connect or do you not see any wifi networks to connect to?

Once you do the update go if you are still having trouble with the E127 go to the "Maintenance" page and make sure that all of you MFDs are showing up. It could be that the 127 or the 98 has a bad network plug or you have a bad raynet cable like hickory mentioned.
    Will do.

The wifi networks do not show up. I can connect with bluetooth. But nothing shows up for a wifi network.
    Maybe the update will fix all the problems.

13. Member
    On the wifi issue:

This sounds pretty basic but make sure the wifi is turned on.
    From the Homescreen > Set-up >Wireless Connections > Wi-Fi - set to "ON"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntertn View Post
    On the wifi issue:

This sounds pretty basic but make sure the wifi is turned on.
    From the Homescreen > Set-up >Wireless Connections > Wi-Fi - set to "ON"
    I have done this. And I took the wifi security and dropped it down to "NONE".
    I tried a couple different channels? I really don't know what that means. But none of the different channels changed anything.

15. Member
    When I got home this evening I took a look at the wifi setup on my E125. To be honest I don't really use the wifi much because the card is easier for me since I don't have a smartphone. This is what I found. I hope it will help.

When I go to "Wireless Connections" - "Wifi" and turn the wifi on it populates a list of home wifi networks around me. There were probably 8 or 10 of various strengths. I selected my home network (SSID of Snoopy)- hit "connect" - enter the password (WPA/WPA2) and it connects no problem. Did the same thing with my Andriod tablet. Turned on the hotspot and it came up as SSID AndroidAP - connect - password - worked great. But then I tried using my wife's Ipad... would not connect. It showed up in the list but would not connect. So I did a little research and found out that Lighthouse II will not support wireless network names (SSID) with special characters like spaces, quote marks, or apostrophes. On my wife's Ipad the hotspot name (SSID) is the name of the device "Wife's Ipad". So, to get it to connect I would need to change the name of my wife's Ipad to make the SSID comply. Needless to say I was not going to screw around with my wife's Ipad for fear of bodily injury. On the two networks that I was able to connect to, all I had to do was enter the password.

With that being said, my wife's Ipad did show up as "Wifes_Ipad" but I was not able to connect. I imagine that is the issue of the special characters. If you aren't even getting it to show up in the list there may be an issue with the wifi in your unit.

I hope you find something in my rambling is helpful.

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The WIFI works in two ways.

One way is to connect to a hot spot, Like you would your phone or tablet at a coffee shop. You select the WIFI off the list of ones available and enter a password if its required and you are connected to the internet and can allow the unit to update its software.

The other way is to make the unit a hotspot, to transmit data, You select a password on the unit. Then you select the RM numbers for the unit on the tablet or phone list of available WIFI. Now you can upload sonar logs to the Navionics app on a phone or tablet. This is how you also work the Ray apps like remote and viewer.

In the last way the phone or tablet will not get mail, connect to the internet etc because it is only connected to the Raymarine unit.

With the Navionics app, You have to update the maps off the internet before you connect to the Raymarine unit via WIFI (remember it is only connected to the unit and not the Internet) Once the map is updated you log onto the Raymarine unit. Then the app will transfer over the new maps and any new trails etc. The Raymarine unit will also transfer any recorded sonar logs into the app. Once completed, You have to disconnect form the Raymarine WIFI, then the app on the phone/tablet will send the sonar logs to Navionics to be updated.

Remember, when connected to the Raymarine WIFI for the Navionics Boat app, Raymarine Remote or view app, you will not get any emails etc because the phone is only talking to the unit.

Simple...

17. Member
    I ran the software update from a SDcard and everything works perfectly. I appreciate the help with everything. The E127 is connect only with a raynet cable and is able to access 2d/downscan of the CPT100. Thats what I wanted!
    As for the wifi issues, after the update, everything worked flawlessly.

I appreciate the run down on the sonarlogs. I was not sure how that really worked. And may have to read that a few times to actually get it correct. haha
    How do I start logging my sonar returns? Will this save straight to an sdcard?

18. Member
    Glad to hear the update fixed it.

19. Member
    I have tried a couple of times to post a written response to the sonar chart question but keep getting an error. So, until someone else chimes in, here is the link to a youtube video that explains it.

The sonar logs are saved to the Navionics map card.