water flush port and pee hole

E150HSLAAB

I noticed something today that I think looks different. For some reason I was thinking I have something missing from the top hole. I may be paranoid and the hole may have always been this big but I could swear the opening was smaller. I can easily stick two fingers inside the hole. If my memory is correct the hole had a cover over it ? or maybe I am not as observant as I thought I was

I read my owners manual and learned something. The bottom hole is for flushing the motor. I always thought it was the top hole but it is the bottom hole. I can see the female threads to connect the water hose. I also learned this is to flush the motor with it off. In the three years I have had it I have only started it on a hose 2-3 times and I used muffs that go on the lower unit water pick up. The nipple that sticks out of the bottom hole is the pee discharge. I remember seeing water coming out of it when I had it on the muffs. I never saw anything in the owner's manual that explained what the top hole does.

So I guess my questions are...does this look normal ? and what is the function of the top hole?

2. Member
    Looks like mine, top is exaust.

The bottom hole is missing the overboard indicator.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope it's there.

Thanks for the replies...I suppose I never paid any attention to how big the hole actually was. I did not realize it was an exhaust port either. This is the main reason I like this fourm...I constantly learn something about boat motors

6. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Thanks for the replies...I suppose I never paid any attention to how big the hole actually was. I did not realize it was an exhaust port either. This is the main reason I like this fourm...I constantly learn something about boat motors

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Don't forget to reinstall the overboard indicator. The added pressure it creates is needed for operation and to cool properly.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Don't forget to reinstall the overboard indicator. The added pressure it creates is needed for operation and to cool properly.
    You are confusing the big-block 3.3L E-TEC cooling system with the poster's 2.6L engine. They are not the same.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Nope it's there.
    Am I missing #7...CLAMP, 33.1 mm - nipple to grommet 0352335