2014 Yamaha 200 sho hour gauge

Sorry I know nothing about Yahama motors. I just got a 2014 with Yamaha 200 sho on it ,The hour gauge shows 92 hours I know that is not correct because you cut the switch on and the hour gauge is running. My Mercury has a Mercmonitor it show hours/ temp./water presser ,Does Yamaha have anything like this I can add to this boat,
    Thanks Tony
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Member
    Command Link Gauge. It boggles my mind why bass boat manufacturers don't use them in the first place. Rather than having all those multiple analog gauges all over the place you could have everything in two digital gauges or one 6yC display.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Pretty sure mine only counts time when the engine is running... Ill have to double check that though next time out. I have mine link to my Lowrance via the Yamaha data cable to NMEA
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

4. Member
    I've seen hour gauges that have been added to boats that count anytime the main power to the boat is on. The actual motor computer only counts when the ignition is on or motor is running. You can get the command link gauges that are similar to the merc monitor. They will show hours and temps, pressures, etc. My only issue with them is the temps and pressures aren't read out in numbers, just blocks and there's no way to know what those blocks represent. I can still tell when I'm fully warmed up and I added an analog water pressure gauge so I know exactly what I'm running

5. Member
    If you NMEA2k hook up to your GPS it will show the actual numerical value for those sensors. No need to add another gauge.

Actually, you can do this INSTEAD OF the Commandlink Gauge. A lot of higher end saltwater boats these days are installing dedicated 7" screens just for engine monitoring with zero dedicated engine gauges whatsoever. Makes for an extremely clean look. Here's one with a single 16" screen or everything.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    If you NMEA2k hook up to your GPS it will show the actual numerical value for those sensors. No need to add another gauge.

Actually, you can do this INSTEAD OF the Commandlink Gauge. A lot of higher end saltwater boats these days are installing dedicated 7" screens just for engine monitoring with zero dedicated engine gauges whatsoever. Makes for an extremely clean look. Here's one with a single 16" screen or everything.

I honestly think this is the best way to do it.

7. Member
    To each his own when it comes to gauges is my take. I once had Mercury's Smart Craft.....cost an extra $550 to monitor all the engine data. Drove me nuts looking at all that stuff. Didn't get anymore for the boat when I sold it either......just nice to have. On my current Yamaha I have an hour meter wired to the ignition. Change my impeller every 21/2 years, check the oil level once per month and just go fish. No longer fret over every little detail that shows up on the engine monitor. As long as water is coming out the pee hole, I'm good to go!

8. ZO6
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post

+1 Don't need anything else!

9. Member
    You can do the NMEA thing to your graph or use the Command Link gauges. I put the command link tach on mine. It reads hours, oil psi, water temp, trim and rpm. I got for the hours (straight from the the engine module). But it also showed my factory tach was off. It wasn't quite as easy to do the NMEA thing to Hummingbirds and I didn't want to give up a screen while running. I need all the screen I can get (old eyes). It was approximately $300 from Sim Yamaha.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    You can do the NMEA thing to your graph or use the Command Link gauges. I put the command link tach on mine. It reads hours, oil psi, water temp, trim and rpm. I got for the hours (straight from the the engine module). But it also showed my factory tach was off. It wasn't quite as easy to do the NMEA thing to Hummingbirds and I didn't want to give up a screen while running. I need all the screen I can get (old eyes). It was approximately $300 from Sim Yamaha.
    What kit did you order for the command link tach and how easy was it to install? I just finished installing the black box setup to my Helix units and didn’t know I couldn’t get engine hours. I have a new 2017 520 Ranger with 250 SHO that hasn’t been in the water yet, working on getting everything setup. I want to get away from adding a HDS beside my Helix, don’t want dual graphs at the console.

Thanks,

Stan

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StanS View Post
    What kit did you order for the command link tach and how easy was it to install? I just finished installing the black box setup to my Helix units and didn’t know I couldn’t get engine hours. I have a new 2017 520 Ranger with 250 SHO that hasn’t been in the water yet, working on getting everything setup. I want to get away from adding a HDS beside my Helix, don’t want dual graphs at the console.

Thanks,

Stan
    What size helix's do you have?

12. Member
    10” SI at the console and 9” DI at the bow.

13. Member
    10” SI at the console and 9” DI at the bow.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=855720&highlight=yamaha

14. Member
    Well....based off of the information you provided, looks like engine hours are available on a 10" Helix, Hummingbird customer support said not available. I will work on this in a couple hours and let you know how it works out. Thanks for your help, Stan

15. Member

Thanks,

Stan
    If you email SIM Yamama with your serial number and what you want to do they will send you back a list of part numbers to order. Great guys to deal with.

16. Member
    Thanks to the help from the BBC I now have SHO engine hours on my Helix SI. No need to purchase the command link gauge. I can’t believe Hummingbird told me engine hours are not an option.

Thanks,

Stan

17. Member
    Thanks to the help from the BBC I now have SHO engine hours on my Helix SI. No need to purchase the command link gauge. I can’t believe Hummingbird told me engine hours are not an option.

Thanks,

Stan