What's reasonable?

2014 20xs Elite, bought new in Feb of 16.

Notice cracks around transom in early August. Went back to Triton, they determine it is structural defect and would be covered under warranty. Replace entire boat, move motor, T-motor, electronics, etc to the new hull.

How long would you expect this process to take and when would you expect to get your boat back?

2. Member
    I would expect 3 to 6 months honestly. It warranty work so it isn't going to be a high priority. They also have to schedule your new boat into their existing production schedule. I have never dealt with this but from reading some of the horror stories on here about warranty work by manufacturers I would be happy to have my boat back on the water within 6 months.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

3. Banned
    I would say reality is 6 months at best. More than likely will be swapping your existing equipment over to the new hull. I would stress asking for lots of incentives for the time and hassle you are having to go thru, not to mention paying for a boat for 6 months that I cannot use. Ask for free and or cut-rate deals on whatever your current rig doesn't have but you always wanted. Examples: 36v troller, power-poles, latest electronics, etc.... Be nice when you ask and don't demand but make them understand the inconvenience this is putting you thru and what it would take to make you happy.

It might take 3 to 6 months but to answer your question, what is reasonable, that should be measured in a week or two. If a company cares about its customers, it will place this work ahead of production. When they put production first they are in effect telling you that revenue is more important than their customer base.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    That sucks, good luck with the process I have a feeling you are going to need it. When and if the boat gets done and you pick it up be sure to go over every inch of the boat including motor, TM, electronics, etc! Past threads seem to indicate that they seem to lack QC when doing a warranty job. Seriously look the boat over then do it again. Turn everything on several times, run all the pumps, open every compartment then do it again.