Anybody have any crazy cooking stories to tell on yourselves??

I did something as stupid as could be!!!! I got me one of them propane /charcoal smokers on friday 99 bucks for it i said what the heck,well i already had an extra turkey in a brine at the house so i get home put this thing together fired it up on high for a little bit and went inside to dry rub the turkey down. came back out put the turkey in and went back inside for a few min well i walked back out to check the temp and it was on Zero about that time the kids get to fighting and me being a total space cadet reached over and yep i pushed the igniter on that bay my glasses went flying from vibration of the sound barrier being broken the door door hits me in the head and this amazing fireball shoots all the way up my arm and leaves nothing but these little burnt curly things up my arm LOL so i stand there bleeding going oh hell i hope no one seen that about that time my 7 year old runs out what was that. i said nothing get back inside. i was like dam brand new smoker the door is warped to all get out hanging there so i spent the next 15 min bending and prying on that so it would seal again and finally got it. But in the end that bird was smoked and it turned out great. I did have to confess to the wife what happened when my eye was swelled up and there was a gash on my eyebrow. but oh well

2. Member
    My fish fry was a big hit for Thanksgiving lunch this year...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

3. Member
    Dang bass....could have been a lot worse, but I bet it would have been funny as hell to watch :)

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Member
    My college roommate and I entertained our double dates starting with a home cooked dinner...My parents were out of the state and he and I took up residence in the house set for a night of "wonderful happenings"..LOL..He proceeded to prepare mashed potatoes by putting whole potatoes skin on too.. in my mother's blender and burnt out the blender...while we both placed a chicken in my father's smoker out back without removing the inner contained paper wrapped neck, gizzards and such, along with the absorbent towelette that comes from the store at the bottom of the chicken that was stuck to the chicken without us noticing...and by the way melted to the chicken bottom...needless to say things didn't taste as good as we had hoped! Thanks to a lot of beer...before, during cooking, and after... the appetite's were not high level for food and things as far as "all else were concerned" went very well leading to a night that he and I always will laugh over and remember forever...this happened over 30 years ago and we still both remember that night and the morning after too...

My ex wife trying her best with Thanksgiving dinner years ago we had the top of the line GE profile digital convection oven (back in the 90s we were hot stuff) she set the temperature for the hours on the keypad so the Turkey was supposed to be set 5 hours and 30 min at 350 degrees but she set it at 530 degrees for 3 hours and 50 min (after about 2 hours or so we started smelling it .
    So 1 15 lb turkey and 2 pans of Dressing cooked to a crisp..even the dog wouldnt eat it . We all went to Shoneys..
    Last edited by grayline; 12-09-2017 at 05:37 PM.