tell me about the Duckett Ghost rods

have been out of the game for a few years. checked out some of the Ghost rods by Duckett fishing and really liked how they felt.
    are they good rod or prone to breaking or anything like that

I have 1 ghost with a lot of Duckett Micros. I have several Cashions and several but not enough ALXs. The Ghost is a cheap rod. Save your money and buy a nicer rod. I have never broken a Duckett rod but the micro guides can be a problem. the guides on my Ghost look like a wire guide. When you fish and hold a nice rod you won't go back to a Ghost.

3. Member
    Spend the extra money and go for a triad, world's better than the ghost. Better guides, better blank, everything for $20 more

4. Member
    I have 1 Ghost--it is a spinning rod that I bought for a technique that I do not fish much so I did not want to break the bank so to speak on price. I will say the rod is just ok. It does what I want it for but I am pretty sure it is not a rod that I would want to fish regularly. I think there are lot better rods to be had for just a little more money--JMO

Keep looking. Much better rods out there for the same price. Falcon Bucoo, Powell Inferno just to name a couple.

6. Member
    Above posters have given great advice. Have owned two ghosts, both had trouble loosing eyes and eventually broke during hook sets. Much better rods out there, give Kistler a look.

7. Member
    I bought one for throwing 6xds, used it for maybe 10 casts and never threw it again. By far the least sensitive rod I've ever used. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand of rods.