Thread: Why not a 720?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Yup, I designed the garage so I could walk around the van, and behind the boat motor, and between the van and boat trailer tongue with about 3 feet to spare in all 3 areas. Didn't have a fold away tongue back then in 1992. I also have a drive thru garage, almost no backing up, depending on which boat I'm using, and where I park it in the garage.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

2. Member
    Same... and that for the measurements. Looks like a 919 is the biggest phoenix I can squeeze in there.... I think.

I am assuming it would fit. No one has given me a measurement from back of hull to the front of the trailer. Going to go look at one this weekend so maybe I will remember to take a tape measure.
    Last edited by Blue76; 11-28-2017 at 09:32 PM.

They need to produce a non skid/salt water boat. Would be cool to be able to fish salt water in a phoenix.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I measured mine and from the back edge of the boat to the tounge your looking at 21'1" or 21'2". Those would be TIGHT measurements. I would want another 2" just to be sure
    I was reading through this old post and this caught my eye... the 920 has a 20'-6" hull. So with your measurements above it means the folded tongue of the trailer sticks out 7 to 8" in front of the bow? Seems like a lot or is there something else on the transom that makes the boat longer than 20-6"?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    I was reading through this old post and this caught my eye... the 920 has a 20'-6" hull. So with your measurements above it means the folded tongue of the trailer sticks out 7 to 8" in front of the bow? Seems like a lot or is there something else on the transom that makes the boat longer than 20-6"?
    That was a 721 measurement.

6. Member
    Ahh... my bad.

No Phoenix dealers close by so I cant just go measure one.

7. Member
    No problem. I'm sure someone here can get you that measurement if you need it

8. Member
    My 920 is 20’ 10.5”. From rub rail to tip of folded tongue. With tongue folded and motor still in motor toter, it fits inside of garage that measures 24.5’ with a few inches to spare.
    2014 Phoenix 920 pro xp / Merc 250 pro xs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigflipper88 View Post
    My 920 is 20’ 10.5”. From rub rail to tip of folded tongue. With tongue folded and motor still in motor toter, it fits inside of garage that measures 24.5’ with a few inches to spare.
    Thanks... just what I was looking for but unfortunately it is 3" too long for my garage. I may have to go with a basscat puma, cougar or eyra or even an FX20 since those will fit.... barely.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    Thanks... just what I was looking for but unfortunately it is 3" too long for my garage. I may have to go with a basscat puma, cougar or eyra or even an FX20 since those will fit.... barely.
    Tilt the engine down to vertical, then it'll fit. Or build a kick out in the rear wall for the motor like others have done, there is a thread here on doing that, then it'll fit.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

11. Member
    Like Tom said. Tilt motor down and you should gain what you need. My Ranger I had, in my other garage i would trim the motor down and turn the engine as far as I could and then it would fit.
    If need be I can try and get another measurement tomorrow evening with the motor down, if I can get off work at a decent hour.
    2014 Phoenix 920 pro xp / Merc 250 pro xs

12. Member
    Not to be smart but did you read the first posts in this thread? ��

I am building a bump out for the engine out the back of the garage where a door currently is. There are other reasons I can't build the garage back further or extend the front. Long story. So I need a boat that will fit in 20'-8" tounge to transom.

13. Member
    919 should fit just fine
    2021 caymas cx21

14. Member
    Don't give me wrong I love my Phoenix so much I just picked up my new one a few weeks ago, so I am happy with the brand. However why can't they K.I.S.S. their boats "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID", just make 1 boat 1 deck format for each foot length, a even 18 foot, even 19 foot, even 20 foot, even 21 foot and a even 22 foot. This 20 foot 11 inch nonsense vs a 20 foot 6 inch boat is crazy. You have to give up length to get a wider deck or loose performance and go over 21 food to get a wider deck. 5 boats every length 18,19,20,21 and 22 all with wide decks al that is needed. BY the way the dealers make it sound like if you put the same features in a 7 series boat that you put in 9 series boat that it will be some huge price difference this is simply not true. There is a difference in price but on a percentage basis it is minor so until they change their wacky dimensions buy the boat you want and custom order it.

15. Member
    They make a wide beam boat in 19, 20, and 21 so you don't have to give up any length. I like the 721 width personally and I like having the option of different boats and layouts. I'm sure they wouldn't just build a boat that isn't selling so I'm guessing most people like having options also. 1 boat and deck layout wouldn't be a good business decision in my eyes.

16. Member
    The only reason I could see keeping the choices simple is cost... It would have to be less expensive to produce the same hull over and over and I am sure they would pass that savings along to their customers. :)

Greg

17. Member
    It would be cheaper to produce one hull but you also wouldn't get the sales that the options bring. I have no info to back this but just based on timeline of when phoenix puts out new models I assume that the current ones have more than paid for themselves in terms of research and development and production cost. Once that happens why wouldn't you start a new boat and keep innovating your product? New versions and innovations is what keeps people buying new boats instead of keeping the same rig for 15 years. Just like the phx models. Been a ton of people sell their boats to get in a phx because of the layout and rough water ride. That's smart business

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff from Iowa View Post
    Id like the PHX 20 and 21 with the long rod locker on the drivers side still, instead of copying ranger skeeter and everyone else with the little day box or whatever that is supposed to be on those.. I like my 920 but not the two lids for the center compartments.
    I'm a big fan of two big lids,as I always have 2 in the boat
    TrackerUser

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It would be cheaper to produce one hull but you also wouldn't get the sales that the options bring. I have no info to back this but just based on timeline of when phoenix puts out new models I assume that the current ones have more than paid for themselves in terms of research and development and production cost. Once that happens why wouldn't you start a new boat and keep innovating your product? New versions and innovations is what keeps people buying new boats instead of keeping the same rig for 15 years. Just like the phx models. Been a ton of people sell their boats to get in a phx because of the layout and rough water ride. That's smart business
    I agree with you... I was just stating the only benefit of one hull. From a business point of view you cannot be a one trick pony. Everyone has different tastes and requirements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12