Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Watching dead grass grow on my new boat

It is not the fault of Fish'n World that my boat deal is taking this long to get done. I've had the financial part done for weeks and all that has been holding up the boat is the trolling motor, but DANG! It would seem that MK would have a few Ulterra's ready to ship this time of year. As it is today, I might get to pick up the boat in a week or so. If I get it by Saturday I think that will be either 4 or 5 weeks I've been waiting on my new boat, when it is literally sitting on the show room floor in Dallas. I am not a patient man I guess you can tell. Joe Lee, enjoy that Allison my friend! I wish I had of kept it.....4 or 5 weeks longer! LOL

2. Member
    Do you really need the trolling motor? Your buddy Tim can install it once it comes in. You need to get some break in time on it before dec 9th

3. Member
    I'll ask tbe painfully obvious question.... Does dead Grass in fact grow? I mean... considering it's dead and all...

4. Member
    Nope! Dead grass don't grow worth a hoot. Boat's sitting on the show room floor doing absolutely nobody any good. I could be catching fish out of it and making the world a better place to live if I had it already! LOL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Do you really need the trolling motor? Your buddy Tim can install it once it comes in. You need to get some break in time on it before dec 9th
    My first attempt to go ahead and get the boat home 3 weeks ago was "I'll put the troller on at my house, just get it blessed off with Nancy!" The answer was no. Nancy wasn't shipping a trolling motor to me because I'm not a dealer. I can understand that but let's get real here, most of us have put like a zillion trolling motors and such on our boats and know the routine. But I'm working hard at using that awful word called patience. I despise waiting on fast food for crying out loud! LOL

6. Member
    Eek.....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    My first attempt to go ahead and get the boat home 3 weeks ago was "I'll put the troller on at my house, just get it blessed off with Nancy!" The answer was no. Nancy wasn't shipping a trolling motor to me because I'm not a dealer. I can understand that but let's get real here, most of us have put like a zillion trolling motors and such on our boats and know the routine. But I'm working hard at using that awful word called patience. I despise waiting on fast food for crying out loud! LOL
    I went through Key and Nancy with my first boat
    Second one I ordered was (unrigged) from a different dealer but most of my dealings were thru Nancy. At that time they came with Garmin electronics. I told Nancy I had my own graphs--- could we just deduct them from the price...NO; same price with or without. OK don't mount them just leave in pocket. When I picked the boat up, they were mounted.

8. Member
    Johnny, I would say that I can't believe it but after this entire deal it doesn't seem to far fetched.

I know it would wear me out knowing that I had that beautiful boat sitting out there in Texas waiting on me.

Can Key ship the trolling motor to you after he gets it from Nancy? Now, man oh man that's a question that should evoke some emotion !

I hope you get good news asap.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Johnny, I would say that I can't believe it but after this entire deal it doesn't seem to far fetched.

I know it would wear me out knowing that I had that beautiful boat sitting out there in Texas waiting on me.

Can Key ship the trolling motor to you after he gets it from Nancy? Now, man oh man that's a question that should evoke some emotion !

I hope you get good news asap.
    LOL! No can do. I tried though.

10. Member
    I got an Ulterra in next day last Tuesday from International Marine. I'd tell them to take it off the invoice and order one online.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

11. Member
    I felt the same way when going pick up both my Allison's used. I couldn't imagine having to wait 5-6 weeks for a brand new one lol!

Somebody sent me close up pictures of your boat this morning Johnny. Sure is pretty!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

13. Member
    wow all over a troller motor well you dont need it anyway them brown fish aint biting to good right now right

14. Member
    Stay the course my friend. Let the process come to completion. Receive your boat as an entire package. If you would like to fish Texas after you pick up your boat let me know and I will gladly join you. Swing by Sam Rayburn Lake, we will have that rocket broke-in before departing the lake. Good luck sir.
    Carte's Custom

15. Member
    I have to believe that after the dust settles and I finally get this boat home the aggravation of waiting will be a distant past. If I can make an extra day or two in Dallas I would love to meet up with some of you guys and shake hands if we get to fish or not.

If it makes you feel better I sat in your boat today and Tweaked all the settings on your gps units and did a bunch of speed scrubbing tweaks. Enjoy!

Jk. Boat looked great. I really like the colors.

I left struggling with the tenth commandment.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

17. BBC SPONSOR
    This entire ordeal has been just that, an ordeal. I would have told Key to shove it long ago. Your a better man than I, Johnny.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    This entire ordeal has been just that, an ordeal. I would have told Key to shove it long ago. Your a better man than I, Johnny.
    I’m sure he’s probably about at wits end to Tim. The trolling motor issue is one I don’t get though. I would gladly have put my own motor on had I been allowed to. But, I had an idea yesterday that I think will prove to make the wait worth it. While I’m waiting on the new trolling motor I am going to have 1 more accessory installed. It will be a surprise. Lol

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    If it makes you feel better I sat in your boat today and Tweaked all the settings on your gps units and did a bunch of speed scrubbing tweaks. Enjoy!

Jk. Boat looked great. I really like the colors.

I left struggling with the tenth commandment.
    i hesrdb”somebody “ was checking my boat out. I figured out who it was pretty quick! LOL. Thanks for making sure it is still there! LOL

How asinine. For as much money as a new one costs and your willing to buy a new one they should be kissing your ass. This should be worth a free accessory addition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast