Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    Somebody sent me close up pictures of your boat this morning Johnny. Sure is pretty!
    I hope I can see some close up's pretty soon. Thanks brother. I love the color combo myself.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    If it makes you feel better I sat in your boat today and Tweaked all the settings on your gps units and did a bunch of speed scrubbing tweaks. Enjoy!

Jk. Boat looked great. I really like the colors.

I left struggling with the tenth commandment.
    So you are saying that I don't have to get on the river and have you crawl out of your boat, halfway in mine like Whiplash did in Powell's boat at the Clifton Rally, and I'll just turn the key and everything will work like it is supposed to? Man! What a friend! LOL Thank you. I need all the help I can get. I hope you get the chance to go tweak it some more before I pick it up.

Lol. I think that photo of whiplash and I will live on forever.

I may have to bring my tools and move some stuff around.

I felt like bending that trolling motor shaft straight and calling you to pick the boat up. Crazy they can’t have it ship direct to you considering you are putting it on a disconnect plate.

Although if I brought my tools in I don’t think your fancy power poles would be seen again.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

4. BBC SPONSOR

I felt like bending that trolling motor shaft straight and calling you to pick the boat up. Crazy they can’t have it ship direct to you considering you are putting it on a disconnect plate.

Although if I brought my tools in I don’t think your fancy power poles would be seen again.
    Burn the poles Geoff!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

5. Member

Geoff, there may be some power poles sitting in the garage after I get some time with them. The verdict is out on how much I'll use them. I read where you can get quick disconnects for the hydraulics and that may be something I'll get a bit deeper into. I have a feeling I'll have the redneck marine repair techs that raised the motor on my last boat helping me fix a bunch of things around the boat to get the correct orientation. We can't have any Allison Boats that them other guys in them other boats can make fun of. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Geoff, there may be some power poles sitting in the garage after I get some time with them. The verdict is out on how much I'll use them. I read where you can get quick disconnects for the hydraulics and that may be something I'll get a bit deeper into. I have a feeling I'll have the redneck marine repair techs that raised the motor on my last boat helping me fix a bunch of things around the boat to get the correct orientation. We can't have any Allison Boats that them other guys in them other boats can make fun of. LOL
    All I can think of is how do I get back in the boat after a intentional summer swim to cool off?? Them poles seem to be in my way lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

7. BBC SPONSOR
    That's right!

I'd definitely put the quick connects in.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

I fish differently up here in the North. Next year I may be getting them. I researched them heavily when I first got the boat. I decided I didn't need them in Texas. Not many weeds (so spot lock worked), and I rarely fished shallow enough for them to hit. I have all the part numbers for disconnects and tilting brackets if you need them when the time comes.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    I fish differently up here in the North. Next year I may be getting them. I researched them heavily when I first got the boat. I decided I didn't need them in Texas. Not many weeds (so spot lock worked), and I rarely fished shallow enough for them to hit. I have all the part numbers for disconnects and tilting brackets if you need them when the time comes.
    I'm pretty sure I'll be needing the disconnects. I have room in the garage where I don't need the tilting brackets. (I'm assuming they are for headroom correct?) Thanks Bro!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    All I can think of is how do I get back in the boat after a intentional summer swim to cool off?? Them poles seem to be in my way lol
    The intentional dips to cool off are great. It is those times when your so-called best buddies throw you in, in freezing water no less, so they can steal your jigs and your waypoints that I'm concerned about. Of course that has nothing to do with power poles. It just has a lot to do with my judgment! LOL

The intentional dips to cool off are great. It is those times when your so-called best buddies throw you in, in freezing water no less, so they can steal your jigs and your waypoints that I'm concerned about. Of course that has nothing to do with power poles. It just has a lot to do with my judgment! LOL
    LOL
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

I would use the tilting brackets to put them down when running top end runs. An xb2003 does this in Dallas. For you it probably won’t matter as you leave your rear grandpa chair open. Lol.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

You won't find any sympathy here. We go to great lengths to steal waypoints.......

Attached Images Attached Images
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

14. Member
    I would use the tilting brackets to put them down when running top end runs. An xb2003 does this in Dallas. For you it probably won’t matter as you leave your rear grandpa chair open. Lol.
    I’ve studied nascar a lot. That rear spoiler keeps the rubber connected to the pavement really good. I discovered that the rear seat, when positioned right, will keep the prop in the water. When you don’t have the spoiler in the back end of the boat you earn The nickname Whiplash!

15. Member
    Found a nice boat for sale on Boat Trader..
    http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...lite-102276905

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Found a nice boat for sale on Boat Trader..
    http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...lite-102276905
    I wouldn't have that ugly thing! You must be insane! LOL

17. Member
    You won't find any sympathy here. We go to great lengths to steal waypoints.......

Oh the things I could write about that picture. When I took it I knew I had blackmail material for a very long time! LOL

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Yeah, look at those 2 fools trying to dump my waypoints!!!
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Yeah, look at those 2 fools trying to dump my waypoints!!!
    Good reason to download your saved data often to a memory card!
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

20. Member
    I hope I can see some close up's pretty soon. Thanks brother. I love the color combo myself.
    Johnny, nice meeting you yesterday! Did you say your boat was blue and white?
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast