PVS plugs on 150 4S

Anyone play with different sizes or close them. Listen around 1:21

2. Member
    I have a Verado 250Pro, and have only every used the PVS plugs solid just like the guy said on the video, I have tried other sizes in the plugs and it's made no noticeable difference.

That's just my experience, I'm sure there are others that have had different experiences.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No problems experimenting (within the RPM limits of the engine), but you will usually get good performance with SOLID plugs.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Mine have the large in it

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Mine have the large in it
    Mine came with the large plugs installed as well. I have tried various sizes with no real noticeable difference detected. But I try one size and it may be a month later that I get out on the water and try another so hard to judge. Feel you really need to do the testing one right after another on the water to get a good feel of the pros and cons of each size.

With the above said, before I go out next time, I am going to switch to the solid plugs and see how it feels
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

6. Member
    I might have to try the solid plugs I'm running medium now . And when I night fish trying to keep my speed at 15 mph the prop slip is horrible.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

7. Member
    I run 2 solid and 1 small helped out quite a bit coming outta the hole