Thread: Venice

Venice

I went to Venice 2 weeks ago for the first time and absolutely hammered the bass. I stumbled on a spot that was loaded. I never thought bass fishing could be that good. Well this weekend was unbelievable! I left Wednesday night and came home today and caught over 200 bass in 3 days!!! I didn't burn a 1/2 a tank of gas in 3 days!! Venice is an amazing place. My wife even caught them! She also caught a 27 pound catfish!!

I think they had a fish kill down there this weekend

I know about 10 people that went and smoked them too. Venice is a unique place, everyone should go at lease once. I just wish it was closer.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    I think they had a fish kill down there this weekend

I know about 10 people that went and smoked them too. Venice is a unique place, everyone should go at lease once. I just wish it was closer.

Ive seen pics of said fish kill... haha..

4. Member
    good, theres no better place to go to fill your freezer with bass if that's what you like to eat. Because a storm WILL come along and decimate the place, and it will rebuild the stock on its own like it has time and time again. You don't hurt anything by keeping what you want down there. Unbelievable place for sure.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right......once is enough!"

5. Member
    My ribs are still bruised from when Sushi and I went. Its a special place.

6. Member
    Good thing you didn’t go with Cajunbro there Kyle your manhood would be bruised from his maniac driving skills

Quote Originally Posted by 90xpress View Post
    good, theres no better place to go to fill your freezer with bass if that's what you like to eat. Because a storm WILL come along and decimate the place, and it will rebuild the stock on its own like it has time and time again. You don't hurt anything by keeping what you want down there. Unbelievable place for sure.
    I agree. I always keep my limit when I am there.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesg View Post
    Good thing you didn’t go with Cajunbro there Kyle your manhood would be bruised from his maniac driving skills
    I know better than to get in the river with Brett. haha!

that place is like no other for bass fishing
    1995 20XD 2013 250 proXS

10. Member
    I have a few days off this week and thinking about headed that way. Any recommendations on where to stay and how and where to bass fish. Never been there before. Thanks for any comments or help.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocull0 View Post
    I have a few days off this week and thinking about headed that way. Any recommendations on where to stay and how and where to bass fish. Never been there before. Thanks for any comments or help.

That place is not an easy place to first time trip it alone..

12. Member
    Plan on the area you want to fish, then google map it zooming in real tight. You can see sand bars, rocks, clearer water etc. circle the area, plot where you think you will run and then send it to someone that knows the area. Might save you a lot of time, headaches and $$$. Even if you know the area you may still end up on a sand bar if you try to get off the beaten path. The sand bars move around a good bit in some areas. Google maps (zoomed in) will show the areas they build up and also show rocks, rock dams, jetties, and what is no longer there, and the new land that popped up. If you use your head and take it slow you should be fine. Let me say this again watch for rocks. If you see them on the corners of a canal off the river or passes you may want to avoid it or idle into it. There are several of the smaller cuts along there that have rock areas in the entrance. For some reason, they are not marked

13. Member
    Watch out for old unmarked oilfield pipe, platforms, well heads, etc. they will ruin a prop and or lower unit quickly. Bring an extra prop and hardware. Getting pulled 20 miles up the MS river is not fun.

14. Member
    Are the bass still biting good down in Venice? Thinking about going next week and have not been in a year.
    Troy West
    2006 Basscat Cougar FTD / 2020 Mercury 225 Pro XS 4S