Question RT178 Wheel Size

I am wanting to get a spare for my recently acquired RT178. Only thing hanging me up is whether the factory wheels are a 13" x 4.5" or 13" x 5". Wondering if this even matters being that it will be used for a spare tire only? The stock tires are a Carlisle ST185/80R13. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to chance running around without a spare any longer. Thanks in advance.

You gonna order one from Ranger?... That matches the trailer?
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

3. Member
    Negative, I was looking at going cheap rather than coughing up a chunk of change to ranger. Just looking for a basic wheel to mount a similar size tire.

4. Member
    You should be able to order the same size tire on the cheap. I don't run a ranger but I bought a load range d spare on a galvanized wheel. No need to look purty if it's a spare. Either size wheel you mention would work I would think.

I got my spare at tractor supply modular wheel and tire was about $100-120 if i remember right. I painted the wheel black and have a cover over it. Never see it anyway. If you wanted a matching spare you can find the matching aluminum wheel much cheaper from trailer wheel suppliers.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies, it appears after looking around that the wheel is most likely a 13" x 5". Next question would be how the spare tire mounts to the frame at the bow. There is a little hole up there I assume uses a j-bolt and nut to secure the tire? Any help here would also be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, it appears after looking around that the wheel is most likely a 13" x 5". Next question would be how the spare tire mounts to the frame at the bow. There is a little hole up there I assume uses a j-bolt and nut to secure the tire? Any help here would also be greatly appreciated.
    Here’s the wheel you need for $75 and it will match
    https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...L0613545B.html
    Now call Ranger and order the j-bolt. It’s cheap

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Ryan View Post
    Here’s the wheel you need for $75 and it will match
    https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...L0613545B.html
    Now call Ranger and order the j-bolt. It’s cheap
    Thanks. That is the wheel I ended up ordering a few days ago. They had a few that were dinged up but otherwise new and I grabbed one for $15. Figure its just gonna be a spare so no need to look pretty. I will contact ranger to get the bolt. Thanks again.

Thanks. That is the wheel I ended up ordering a few days ago. They had a few that were dinged up but otherwise new and I grabbed one for $15. Figure its just gonna be a spare so no need to look pretty. I will contact ranger to get the bolt. Thanks again.

Man thats a great deal. Perfect for a spare.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.