Thread: Dilly Dilly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Dilly Dilly!

Looks like its off to the pit of misery for Legend http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=861228

2. Member
    More unsubstantiated B.S. Can we please focus on the new V20 design. A buddy of mine has one on the way and I can't wait to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

3. Member
    Be nice if they had a marketing strategy. The v20 is the only thing I hear about and it’s extremely rare. Most info dates back to 2015. Unless you know someone that’s owns a legend they basically don’t exist.

Word of mouth is not enough and currently that word of mouth is all negative. That negativity goes back to the 2015 introduction of the v20. The issues that went public hurt them and nothing was done to end that negativity even though, I 100% believe they fixed and did everything possible to satisfy there customers. Now we have the buyout and zero representation. There’s nothing positive.

I love my legend and want another. I drool over the new ones all the time. For 90% of fisherman a 70-80k bass boat is a hard pill to swallow. I would have to look elsewhere then drop that money on a brand that can disappear tomorrow very easily and no one is saying otherwise.
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    .couldnt say it any better myself.

5. Member
    My 2012 has been a good boat and I’m ready for a new one. With all the negative posts and no indication of what may really happen in the near future I may just look for something else. I don’t want to play the waiting game much longer. Its a shame cause I really like the brand I chose back in 2011 and can’t see buying something that could go away as I’m signing the papers. Might be time for a bay boat...tight lines!

6. Member
    none of us know what kind of status legend is in, all we can do is hope for the best outcome. and I understand everyone has opinions and wants to express them, but until they close the doors on legend boats I will enjoy my v20, that I have had not one problem with. and as far as rumors who cares, they are just rumors. until I get a letter from white river marine group stating that they are finished after 2018, I am not worried. and even if they do I still may enjoy the boat for a little longer. hell I know guys still running old champions, stratos, and other brands that have been shut down. if your boat is in good shape and gets you out fishing and away from all the B.S. in this world we live in, then best of luck. that's all that matters to most of us guys. just wanna fish.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin atkinson View Post
    none of us know what kind of status legend is in, all we can do is hope for the best outcome. and I understand everyone has opinions and wants to express them, but until they close the doors on legend boats I will enjoy my v20, that I have had not one problem with. and as far as rumors who cares, they are just rumors. until I get a letter from white river marine group stating that they are finished after 2018, I am not worried. and even if they do I still may enjoy the boat for a little longer. hell I know guys still running old champions, stratos, and other brands that have been shut down. if your boat is in good shape and gets you out fishing and away from all the B.S. in this world we live in, then best of luck. that's all that matters to most of us guys. just wanna fish.

Im not willing to sell because the company sold. I love my boat. However I don’t know who would buy another new legend going forward having no answer to the future. Even guys that flip boats every year. You put your order in tomorrow on a 80k boat by Jan 1st letter comes out saying legends gone. Your 1-2yr plan to flip this boat into another boat regardless of brand just took a massive hit. Yes it can happen with any brand but with all the active brands today legend is the only that this realistically can happen to. If I was that guy I wouldn’t be buying a legend. And that’s how this company goes under even if JM has no plans to bid farewell.
    Nitro z21

9. Member
    I agree i love my 2013 and planned to buy another in the near future but it would be hard to do not knowing the brands future.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Im not willing to sell because the company sold. I love my boat. However I don’t know who would buy another new legend going forward having no answer to the future. Even guys that flip boats every year. You put your order in tomorrow on a 80k boat by Jan 1st letter comes out saying legends gone. Your 1-2yr plan to flip this boat into another boat regardless of brand just took a massive hit. Yes it can happen with any brand but with all the active brands today legend is the only that this realistically can happen to. If I was that guy I wouldn’t be buying a legend. And that’s how this company goes under even if JM has no plans to bid farewell.
    ^^^^This^^^^
    is why 2 new boats, one delivered last week (my good bud) and mine still a few weeks out are a different brand even though we were leaning toward Legend.
    Last edited by Kromer; 11-28-2017 at 10:27 AM.

11. Member
    If JM wanted to keep the company I don’t see how cutting the pro staff helps. Especially when you had the classic champ. I never heard of a classic champ loosing his boat sponsor that quick. I would think you would throw money legends way push the the brand for 2-3yrs if numbers don’t improve you move away from the brand. The way this is going legend would be lucky to hit 100 boats sold next year. It appears they have no fighting chance.
    Nitro z21

12. Member
    My Legend is 14 years old and still fishes great. With that said I am planning on upgrading next year and have been looking at the market already. I am seeing plenty of new and used ones that are available that would fit my needs. I don't see any reason on not getting another Legend even if they go out of business as I have had no problems with mine in the 14 years I have had it. With that said I may not be as particular as some who have to customize because I use mine to fish out of and don't need to make a statement so there will be plenty to chose from when I pull the trigger. A good product speaks for itself and those of us who keep their boats longer than two years know that a Legend boat will last through times. Will I buy another Legend-yes as it will be my last boat. Am I really concerned about if they continue building them or not-no because I know the one I buy will last me for many years ahead.

13. Member
    Never considered a purchase based on sponsored pro boats.
    What percent of new boat sales are coming from fishing pro status?
    What percent of new boat sales are coming from customer satisfaction?
    What percent of new boat sales are coming from dealer location?
    Customer satisfaction history is what I weighed in on for my legend purchase.
    The ride, layout and eye pleasing lines of a legend sure get ones attention.

14. Banned
    Falcon is adding prostaff, why isn't Legend? http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_arti...n#.WiAmW7hnCYE

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    Never considered a purchase based on sponsored pro boats.
    What percent of new boat sales are coming from fishing pro status?
    What percent of new boat sales are coming from customer satisfaction?
    What percent of new boat sales are coming from dealer location?
    Customer satisfaction history is what I weighed in on for my legend purchase.
    The ride, layout and eye pleasing lines of a legend sure get ones attention.
    +1
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

16. Member
    I spoke to another person in the know this afternoon and they are positive Legend is not going anywhere. Reason pros not going to be in them this year is because promotional dollars are not there yet. Was told the following yr they will be in legends again that for whitewater marine it was just easier for them to switch this season while contracts with the outboard companies, component companies and everything else is rewritten an renewed. Said JM knows there is a place for Legend in the market that his other brands are not in. That beautiful Platinum Black Diamond edition everyone was drooling over, well that was JMs boat. So in short everyone that doesn't own 1 and has no idea what's going on should just shut their piehole' s and move on .

17. Member
    Oh also expect Legend Boats to start being carried at Triton and Ranger dealerships. Their network is going to be expanded greatly.

18. Member
    So let me understand this? All the Legend pros who were moved to other White River brands will be switched back to Legend next year? Did I read that right?

19. Member
    Don't know if all will but I was told pros will be in them again in '19.

20. Member
    Ok how much $ do you think legend has lost since the buyout I️ didn’t buy one and I️ planned on it I’ve heard a few others say they went another direction because of this I️ don’t think jm is where he’s at making decisions like this unless he wants the brand gone he will say look 20 boats sold in 2018 dump it. Not what I️ want to see but the writings on the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast