Fire Safety - True Story!

Thought some of you parents out there might get a kick out of this… Picked up my oldest child up from school yesterday. At the same time another guy who was picking up his kid walks by us and he was asking him about his week (I assume he only sees him on weekends). As best I can figure the boy was around 4-5, or just really small…

His dad asks him if anything exciting happened this week and the boys replies “oh yes, we had a visit from the Fire Men to talk about Fire Safety yesterday!”. His dads says “Oh good! So what did you learn about fire safety?” The boy starts to tell him about checking smoke detectors, having a safety route to get outside etc. But then he comes to a point where he says “…and then the fireman says all he has to do to keep the fire from burning him is to make it stupid”.

Intrigued I look over to see the perplexed / half angry face of his dad who asks the obvious “What do you mean make the fire stupid? There’s no way the fire men said that! Quit telling stories!”… Without missing a beat the boy says “Well, actually the Fireman says their uniform makes the fire retarded. I didn’t know what that word means so I asked grandma and she told me it’s basically the same thing but we're not supposed to talk about it.”

I could barely stop from peeing myself… My daughter on the other hand has no such inhibitions as she was practically rolling on the ground laughing her ass off! Gotta love the innocence of children and old bittys with no filters!
    Last edited by Aric11; 11-27-2017 at 07:58 AM.

3. Member

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

4. Member

Benny Rigney