1994 SS90 motor height

Got a 94 SS90 and it will run 45.2 per GPS with a Johnson 90hp motor. From my research, I understand that this is pretty good for this hull and motor.

It has a 13.25x19p aluminum prop...nothing special.

I have a 6" jackplate on the way...whats a good starting height for this size motor? I used to own a 150hp and always started at 3.5, but with a smaller prop on the v4, I figured it would need to start a little lower.

W/o jackplate right now, the motor is almost 5" below pad to center of prop hub.

I also own a stainless Stileto 13.25x21p...which I believe is a bit much for this motor, but would like to use it if possible. If I could spin it to 5000rpm at least.

With my current prop I was at 45.2mph (best run) @ 5200-5300rpms.

Think I can run the 21p stainless...or try to find a 19?

Also, what can I expect with the 6" jackplate setback? On either of these props?

thanks

The jackplate most likely won't improve anything. Rule of thumb that I've always heard of was "using a jackplate on a motor under 150hp won't gain much if anything"
    Save your money. Your speed is good. A SS prop might help a little though. Maybe someone with with experience on smaller rigs will chime in. I had an 89 SD80 with a 70VRO Rude back in the early 2000s. and was told to stay away from jackplates back then. Glad I did, I only had that boat for a year until I upgraded to a 92 SF150SX... with a jackplate lol
    Let us know what your numbers are after testing. Watch your water pressure too though. Good luck