Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Moritz View Post
    Thanks for the winter info guys. Norman is the only lake I know of or at least been to since moving here. I usually launch at Hager creek and I always see the power plant. Looking forward to some all year fishin without having to stand on shaky ass thin ice.
    You live on a good one. Get you some jerkbaits, Speed Traps, and jigs and a secret little crankbait and you'll be set
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

I like to Smallmouth fish when the water gets below 55f. Seems to be they get fired up and feed hard at those temps. So do Largemouth but the smallmouth fight. Largemouth in cold water will fight like a wet paper towel. I typically catch fewer but bigger fish in the winter months and you have the water to yourself. Can't beat that.

Looking forward to going over the mountains and fishing Holston, Cherokee and Douglas. Any others I should check out? I know of Lake James.

Oh and I'll be sure to get over to Sheron Harris for some of those big largemouth I seen it kick out early last year.

3. Banned
    Norman in my opinion is hands down the best lake to fish in the winter time if you want to catch a bunch of fish. Now you won't catch a lot of big fish but its not unusual to catch 50 a day on Norman in the winter time. I personally prefer to fish Norman in the winter time because the boat traffic will be light and the spots seem to like the cold water to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Norman in my opinion is hands down the best lake to fish in the winter time if you want to catch a bunch of fish. Now you won't catch a lot of big fish but its not unusual to catch 50 a day on Norman in the winter time. I personally prefer to fish Norman in the winter time because the boat traffic will be light and the spots seem to like the cold water to me.
    What else is nice is the blueback like the cold. And when you get a rain go to the back of pockets with a ditch
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Quote Originally Posted by JC25 View Post
    I like to Smallmouth fish when the water gets below 55f. Seems to be they get fired up and feed hard at those temps. So do Largemouth but the smallmouth fight. Largemouth in cold water will fight like a wet paper towel. I typically catch fewer but bigger fish in the winter months and you have the water to yourself. Can't beat that.

Looking forward to going over the mountains and fishing Holston, Cherokee and Douglas. Any others I should check out? I know of Lake James.

Oh and I'll be sure to get over to Sheron Harris for some of those big largemouth I seen it kick out early last year.
    Watauga lake needs to be on your list

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    What else is nice is the blueback like the cold. And when you get a rain go to the back of pockets with a ditch
    Don't tell all of the secrets!

Hot Tub cause its warm

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner6901 View Post
    Watauga lake needs to be on your list

funny I am in West Jefferson NC quite often... Actually will be tomorrow. I've seen pics of Watauga and its beautiful. what's the fishing like?

Like holston but with standing timber and largemouth in the shallows. Pretty neat place. Staning timber is high and dry in winter though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12