Alcohol burner doesnt work

Is there a trick to making your Alcohol burner work? I put regular isopropyl alcohol in it. I am using the right stuff? thanks

Use denatured alcohol and soak the wick . Be surr your hands are dry and no spills nearby before lighting, you will be burned before you see the flame. Isopropyl alcohol mighht work but will leave a residue on your work

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Yes, denatured alcohol, same stuff they use in camp stoves....

So go to the camping section in Walmart and buy stove fuel?

As long as it says dna.. also sold most places along with paint thinner/mineral spirits. It is not white gas (coleman fuel). Dna is also a great glass cleaner

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    The stuff I buy is green in color, I get it at Lowes..........

7. Member
    Denatured alcohol, also called methylated spirits or denatured rectified spirit, is ethanol that has additives to make it poisonous, bad tasting, foul smelling or nauseating, to discourage recreational consumption. In some cases it is also dyed. Pyridine, methanol,[1] or both can be added to make denatured alcohol poisonous, and denatonium can be added to make it bitter.
    Denatured alcohol is used as a solvent and as fuel for alcohol burners and camping stoves. Because of the diversity of industrial uses for denatured alcohol, hundreds of additives and denaturing methods have been used. The main additive has traditionally been 10% methanol, giving rise to the term "methylated spirits". Other typical additives include isopropyl alcohol, acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, and denatonium.[1]
    Denaturing alcohol does not chemically alter the ethanol molecule. Rather, the ethanol is mixed with other chemicals to form an undrinkable solution. For many of these solutions, there is no practical way to separate the components.

Awesome thanks Denatured alcohol works great.