No sleep for me tonight

My girlfriend told me she wanted to go hunting with me the other day and kill her first deer, so seeing as we eat thanksgiving at my cousins where I do most of my hunting I figured we would go sit in my hay bale blind. 4 does come out at 100 yards and I kept waiting for her to pull the trigger but she never did, then here comes a 130 class 10 point. I get her a steady rest and tell her whenever shes ready squeeze the trigger. Swing and a miss . I look back and hes still standing there. shot #2 connects and he barely makes it into the woods. Now silly me assumes he's dead and take our guns back to the truck and go back to recover him. Well I walk up to him and hes still alive, gut shot. He barely gets up and he goes stumbling down through the woods. Decided to let him lay over night hoping he didn't go far . Going to go look in the morning and hopefully surprise her when she gets off work.

better pack some coffee,water and food(snacks) take along.. thinks you will be needing the energy/drinks boost when done with that

3. Member
    Found him laying in the same spot he was last night. He wasn't quite as big as we thought but he's still a good deer, especially a first one. I'd post a picture if I could figure it out. Haha.

At least you found him..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    you Better count your lucky stars because most of the time they take of a good couple miles

6. Member
    Coyotes would have gotten him if that was here. Glad she got one!

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Congrats to her and glad you found him. We have all been there!