Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Definitely tell winter is here as the keyboard hero’s are out
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

There are several 21xd/xrd running upper 80's with 250 xs motors. Rocky Bailey has been 90 with his 250xs/21xrd. A lot of setup work, but you can make them run.

3. Member
    Yes you can make the pro xs run. But performance isn’t just top end. At least not on tournament day. Try to run your 85-90 mph prop on tournament day and the sho will out perform you everyday of the week.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    Yes you can make the pro xs run. But performance isn’t just top end. At least not on tournament day. Try to run your 85-90 mph prop on tournament day and the sho will out perform you everyday of the week.
    Just curious are you talking about a bone stock sho?
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

Like Willy said, there is more to performance than top speed. But the fact that you are comparing the SHO to an X is impressive!!! Try graphing for a few hours with that X... we all know the X is a top end monster, but the SHO is better in every other category. Holeshot, mileage, carrying a load, and more.

Back on topic, I think it's awesome that HydroTec is putting R&D time into these, their work is top notch and whether guys like it or not, the 4 strokes are the future of performance outboards.

I'd like to know what all is on this particular SHO (if anything else) besides a flash and sporty... If they are in fact developing "Phase kits" for them I cant wait to see what is offered!
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

What emissions parts does a sho have that makes a diss advantage? When u flash the sho emissions go out the window nice try.... if have to locate fish looking at a graph for hrs u must suck at fishing

I am done looks like we’re getting trolls posting trying to justify their motor. I would like to say good job to Chris and I wonder what he thinks comparing his mercury to Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    Sorry snowflake didn’t mean to trigger you do u need a safe place ? I guess we can’t compare nothing from mercury racing then.
    Definitely tell winter is here as the keyboard hero’s are out
    What emissions parts does a sho have that makes a diss advantage? When u flash the sho emissions go out the window nice try.... if have to locate fish looking at a graph for hrs u must suck at fishing
    Kettle... meet pot

Really sucks that I (and most of the winning Elites, FLW pros, Costas, All-Americans, pretty much anyone above local hero level) have to use those pesky graphs to locate fish

Bling, you have a bada$$ ride, not really sure why you are so upset that people are running fast (and now making even more gains) with an SHO too?!...
    Last edited by J Risco; 11-24-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Kettle... meet pot ..
    Exactly.... Brings him down a notch in my book.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I am done looks like we’re getting trolls posting trying to justify their motor. I would like to say good job to Chris and I wonder what he thinks comparing his mercury to Yamaha.
    Dont know who you think is "trolling" or trying to justify their motor... Ive owned both (merc xs, not an X though but have been in a boat with one), the SHO is better for me and what I want out of a bass boat right now. Chris likes to go fast, period, and the X is perfect for him, but I would also like to hear his thoughts now that he has driven both well over 100. However, I did see where he said he might have to look into the SHO in the future (maybe he was joking, maybe not, only he knows)... but best believe if it proves to be significantly faster, that's probably what he (and a lot of other guys) will be going too, just like the X became the engine of choice for speed years ago

Thanks mike for being my friend

Thanks mike for being my friend
    You are foaming at the mouth.... My friend. Friends don't let friends drive drunk.... Were you drunk posting?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    Sorry snowflake didn’t mean to trigger you do u need a safe place ? I guess we can’t compare nothing from mercury racing then.
    The simple fact of you resorting to name calling and your lack of an intelligent conversation on the subject at hand proves your ignorance on the subject. I have nothing to gain nor lose by either the x or the sho being faster than the other as I have a 250xs. Have a good day sir and hopefully spend some time educating yourself about the engines and their primary uses.

I have 20 years of turning wrenches ase automobiles and heavy trucks, Allison and Allison hybrid cummins isl and isx (I am high ranked in tier 4 emissions Certificates trust me I know how things work I might not have good grammar as that is what service writers are for But for all that have sho motors good luck there just not for me I also want to apologize for the name calls

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    Bullet3119, your buddy may have one of the only XRS with a 250 pro xs running mid 80’s that I’ve heard of. Most are barely cracking 80. I have a buddy who just sold his 2017 xrs with a 300 xs bc he was having trouble getting good overall performance. He had good holeshot with no speed or speed with no holeshot. That’s the beauty of the sho, it always has a good holeshot. Even with 30 pitch or bigger props
    you are very correct with that and it Is true. very hard hull to get to run. this being the 6th bullet in the family.

16. Member
    If there’s one thing I have learned on this forum, it is that a fast 4 Stroke is sure to fuffle some feathers!

Anybody heard what was done to the Yamaha SHO by hydrotech?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    If there’s one thing I have learned on this forum, it is that a fast 4 Stroke is sure to fuffle some feathers!

Anybody heard what was done to the Yamaha SHO by hydrotech?
    They are keeping it under wraps until testing is complete. They are hoping to be able to release the details in a week or two.

18. Member
    [QUOTE=Bradley21SS;8880281]If there’s one thing I have learned on this forum, it is that a fast 4 Stroke is sure to fuffle some feathers!

No doubt especially since the Verado has been mainly a flop in the bass boat world. The mercury guys are having to live with 15yr old technology.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    You are foaming at the mouth.... My friend. Friends don't let friends drive drunk.... Were you drunk posting?

There isn’t even ice yet.........

20. Banned
    I would like to know how much the ugrades cost, just in case I win the lottery. Are we talking a grand, 2-5 k or what?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast