150 4S break in oil change

Are u suppose to do this at 20 hours? Looking at the book can't find anything? Could have missed it

2. Member
    It is a recommended practice but is not required to maintain the warranty. I would spend the money and do it personally. If you diy it does not cost that much.

3. Member
    I did it at 20 hrs on my 4 stroke just to make everything looked ok. Cheap insurance even if you don't change the filter. I also did the lower unit fluid for the same reason..

Rick

4. Member
    I did it on mine just for the personal reassurance that all was well.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    20 hour service is not MANDATORY, but is is definitely something I would recommend.

Consider it an investment in the longevity and durability of your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    When I pulled the cowel it only showed 10w-30 on the motor plate, book has 25w-40 & 10w-30

7. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Manual is correct.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor