Thread: Sangchris Lake

Sangchris Lake

I would like to fish Sangchris for stripers . I would like to go with someone that has an idea how to do it. Would pay for gas,food,etc. Please PM me if you or you know someone that does fish it thanks to all, Joe G

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Morning Joe. I fish for crappie on Sangchris when Shelbyville freezes over and talk to a few guys trolling for stripers. Consensus is they are hard to come by. We use to catch them casting rattle traps from the bank in the hat arm in the winter but that was 20 years ago. Sorry I don't have any good info. You might do better for them at Clinton.

Dale Sinclair original

This guide service number is (309) 347 - 1728. I haven't seen anyone out there pulling in anything close to the weights that are in the video recently. I believe the video was shot quite awhile back.

4. Member
    thanks I will give him a call monday. Thinking about dragging my boat to Tims Ford in Tn. Love to have those big girls come up on a redfin. I guess Raccoon lake in In has a good population of stripes as well. Thanks for the Info,Joe

I've heard Heidecke Lake up by Morris, IL is a good hybrid striper lake too.

6. Member
    I've seen some pictures of big ones caught from Lake Bloomington in the last couple years but no clue on anyone that consistently catches them. Wish I did cause those dudes are fun.

7. Member
    how is the bass fishing . I haven't been there in a long time . I was told that all the pads are gone but the dnr is trying to get some vegetation back .

Quote Originally Posted by jkirch View Post
    how is the bass fishing . I haven't been there in a long time . I was told that all the pads are gone but the dnr is trying to get some vegetation back .
    A few 7 pounders were caught during tournaments this year. Overall, most caught are 1-3 pound range. The pads have been gone for awhile now, but yes, DNR and local lake management have a few lily cages setup in to try and bring them back. Structure is hard to come by, but man made habitat structures were deployed in August of this year. Their locations can be found here: https://www.ifishillinois.org/fish_a...attractors.pdf

9. Member
    Thanks Josh.