Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I have a 1998 Mercury 150 EFI. The oil injector has been removed and I mix 50:1. I use only 89 octane ethonal free fuel.
    What would be the recommended cocktail for this motor. Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jNC461 View Post
    I have a 1998 Mercury 150 EFI. The oil injector has been removed and I mix 50:1. I use only 89 octane ethonal free fuel.
    What would be the recommended cocktail for this motor. Thanks
    1oz Quickare +
    1oz Quickleen
    -------------------
    Per 5 gallons fuel.

Mix premix oil as you always have (your engine is NOT an Optimax model).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    1oz Quickare +
    1oz Quickleen
    -------------------
    Per 5 gallons fuel.

Mix premix oil as you always have (your engine is NOT an Optimax model).
    The Quickare bottle calls for 1oz/10Gal. Should I be doubling up as suggested?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    The Quickare bottle calls for 1oz/10Gal. Should I be doubling up as suggested?
    Yes. Use as per mentioned in Post# 062.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Is blue StaBil acceptable if Quick Stor is not available?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Is pri-g a suitable alternative to the cocktail and stable?

7. Member
    The additives are easy to find. Any mercury dealer, amazon or call European Marine.

Substitutions in the cocktail are “at your own risk.” Mercury cannot test all of them for suitability. I have used Marine Stabil in the past when local places were out of Quickstore. I feel comfortable with it. I do not use it much though as I fish regularly all year.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Scraps
    I did it on my 17 last fill up of the year. It's a VERY small amount. My rig sits for long periods of time so I think it will help. Though after taking out my plugs end of year I was surprised at the amount of soot on the plugs. I'm not real careful with the amounts of additive I put it but will next year.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    Don, do you have a cocktail recommendation for us guys with hpdi's? Thanks - JP

11. Member
    A good friend of mine that is a Mercury GURU told me 5 or 6 years ago to add 1/2oz give or take of any 2 cycle oil (Walmart Brand) per gallon of fuel. He said the same as several have already mentioned to lube the fuel components. He said that the fuel oil mixture in the Optimax never touches the fuel components. He also said it didn't have to be at every refuel but at least every other. With that being said I am sure every refuel wouldn't hurt and Don's cocktail would even be that much better. When I run the mixture I am yet to see a loss in performance. I would be more than happy to sacrifice a little performance to give more life and less maintenance to my engine.
    Allen

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 4-Stroke Pro XS 250

Rebel Bass Club

http://rebelbass.webstarts.com/

Gone Fishing

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by old ball coach View Post
    Don, do you have a cocktail recommendation for us guys with hpdi's? Thanks - JP
    While you could certainly utilize the same cocktail, I would strongly recommend that question be posed with the Yamaha folks (they're much more qualified for that question).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234