Kistler Z Bone 3 power

Anyone have a Kistler Z Bone 3 power rod?I would like to know what you are using it for? I was thinking about hunting one down(they are discontinued) for throwing weightless Senko's.Would this rod be a good fit for that application?

2. Member
    I actually have two of them and really like them. I use mine for jerk baits, shakey heads and on occasion swim jigs. I personally haven't used it for senkos. I would say if there is sparse or no grass you could get away with it. I use G loomis GLX 843 for weightless senkos. They are both 3 power rods but the kistler fishes lighter, i would say it fishes more like a meduum. I love the rod for the above mentioned and would recommend it, just not around grass. We are all different but hope that helps.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info.So I would be better off with something like a NRX853C or Dobyn's dx703hp or like you said the GLX843.I know the NRX893 comes highly recomended but I would like to keep it in the 7' range.

4. Member
    I woukd definitely use the 853 NRX over the z bone 3 power for weightless senkos. I have the NRX 853 and its a sweet rod. I use mine for light t rig and jigs up to 3/8. This fall i got a used 893 and only used it 1 day. I am short and also prefer the 853 over 893. I wish we closer i would let you try them out. You wont be disappointed with the NRX 853 it's a sweet rod and would work great for weightless senkos. Good luck!

5. Member
    I’ve used nrx803 and nrx893 for Senkos as well as my mbr843. All work. 893 is my most likely selection
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

I've got 4 of the 3 power Z Bones, I mostly throw senkos and 1/2 oz football heads on them. I think it's Kistlers best all around smallmouth casting rod, I can't believe he discontinued them.

Seems that's the norm for them.. I have owned at least 4 different rods that they either discontinued or changed the blanks..