Thread: GX-7

GX-7

Does anyone have a Gx 7 that they use, pros and cons. Thanks for any help.

It's pretty much a strong 3 wood. A lot of the adjustable 3 woods can be adjusted strong or weak. As far as shaft length, cut it down.
    If you can find a used, cheap strong 3 wood I'd start there but if not and you want to give the GX-7 a try go for it. Hearing the commercials it's money back guarantee.

In the past year I quit buying into the hype of the OEM clubs. Spending $350 for a driver this year because it "goes farther" then spend $400 on the same "newer and improved" model next year because it goes "even farther" is crazy. 2 years from now those clubs will be $100 if that.
    Some of the lesser named clubs are really good but no one has confidence in them because the pro's don't use them.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

I read a review last week on this club I meant to copy and paste for you. Long story short, for the testers who are higher handicapped and having trouble with the driver it performed like it's advertised.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    Thanks for the input, still have not decided.

5. Member
    Not to sound like a know it all but the USGA hasn't changed the "legal" specs of a driver in several years. So all the ads that these companies use is really just great marketing. The USGAs rules on driver specs are maxed out on all drivers that have been on the market for years. Don't be mislead by advertising!! I'm still hitting an old Nike VRS driver that I hit just as far as my buddies Taylormade M2. I still play an old Taylormade R7 3wood. If you hit a club well don't buy the hype and change clubs. Golf companies have to be great at selling to survive!!! This driver is "hotter" or "longer" than last years model, is bait boys that's it!

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The length of the shaft is what make most drivers harder to control. The trend on the PGA Tour now is going back to a 43.5in driver where most off of the shelves are in the 44.5-46in range. Next would be to fitted into the correct shaft for your swing.